VC Houston/ Boston

ive been to boston. stayed with some friends for a month but i didnt really like it. granted, ive never lived there, so it probably wasnt long enough to say for sure.

i live in houston now, and have for almost 6 months and i totally love it.

houston is definitely cheaper.

boston gets cold and snow, houston gets hot a humid. so depending on what your preference in there.

Boston is more compact and mass transit friendly. Houston is just large in general. 4th largest city in america, and spread out like crazy. unless you live in a specific "hip" area, you will want a car here (granted, you can get by with a bus and/or walking around, but you will be pretty limited).

you can rent a house in houston for what you can get an apt in boston.

boston has a better music scene. but houston is big enough where you wont exactly be complaining about the lack of shows/bands.

i live in the westchase area of houston. according to most people its pretty "far". but i like it, its much cheaper than an inner city hip area. its not at all suburbia. relatively safe, but not boring or anything. Its only a 10-20 minute drive downtown, or anywhere else that i need to go.

the heights and montrose is where all the kids are, but you will pay a lot more for being there.

there are jobs like crazy in houston. i cant speak for boston on the subject though, but i know you can get a job that will pay you 10 an hour in a matter of days here if you arent picky. im really surprised when people here say "i cant find a job". obviously they arent looking hard enough, or are too picky.

in boston, as with most of the upper east coast things move in a big hurry, i find in general people are ruder, and things move really fast. in houston its the opposite, most people are really friendly and open, and take their sweet time doing anything (pros and cons to both. i like the friendliness, but sometimes i just wanna fucking get through the line at walmart in a hurry!)

houston is big enough that whatever it is you like, you will find it here. if you are into clubs thers plenty of them. if you like bars, take your pic, if you are looking for pre or post op transsexuals there are plenty of them. take your pic and youll find a community for it here.