20% off all reg. priced vinyl at HOT TOPIC on 4/17

Title says it all. HT doesnt get RDS releases so HT is celebrating by taking 20% off regular priced vinyl.

This is in stores only, not online.

This does not include clearance vinyl.

Not all HT stores carry vinyl, but any stores that do carry vinyl will be having this sale.

Any questions just ask them in this thread.

support real records stores for Record Store Day!

This. Fuck Hot Topic. When Crime In Stereo's newest record came out it was $15 at Hot Topic and $21 at my local record store. Not only that, those ass-holes opened stores in three malls between me and the nearest record store, just to be dicks.

fuuuuuuuadsgfjanregkeajbslkdjbcapiughrj

Do you not see the idiocy in your post? Hot Topic can get better pricing because it's a massive company, and can buy up massive amounts and even entire pressings of records. Do you also prefer Wal-Mart to other local businesses because they have more convenient locations and better pricing? Personally, I'd rather spend a few more dollars to ensure that money stays in my community.

This. Fuck Hot Topic. When Crime In Stereo's newest record came out it was $15 at Hot Topic and $21 at my local record store. Not only that, those ass-holes opened stores in three malls between me and the nearest record store, just to be dicks.

Do you not see the idiocy in your post? Hot Topic can get better pricing because it's a massive company, and can buy up massive amounts and even entire pressings of records. Do you also prefer Wal-Mart to other local businesses because they have more convenient locations and better pricing? Personally, I'd rather spend a few more dollars to ensure that money stays in my community.

HT gets the same pricing as everyone else. Theres no discount because HT buys more than local record stores.

Well obviously I was joking about everything. The facts are shared were true but I do indeed support my local record store and will be paying them a visit this Saturday. As far as the Wal-Mart thing goes... yes haha.

I believe in supporting independent record stores just as much as anyone else but Hot Topic is doing a good thing by stocking vinyl and CDs the way they do.

Didn't Record Store Day used to be called Independent Record Store day? Since they have changed it though there are many more artists "participating" - diversifying revenue streams - which I suppose is why they are musicians, to earn a living. Nevermind, anyways....

The one Hot Topic I have been to didn't have nearly the diversity of any of my local record stores. Your Walmart comparison is accurate based on the fact they only stock a sampling of what's available (albeit Hot Topic is more genre specific.). Much like Mail Order, Hot Topic fills a void for people who don't have a decent local record store. Just because you are not a fan of Twilight and brightly coloured shirts doesn't mean that they can't provide a gateway to some great music. No one is born with a mohawk. Research leads kids to great music - how many of us are where we are because of Green Day and the Offspring? or Blink 182? or Fallout Boy? Hot Topic serves it's purpose, hating isn't going to help.

That said, this is clearly an aggresive marketing strategy designed to lure people away from independent stores. Everyone's needs to make a living - the independent record store owner and the hot topic cashier/manager/warehouser - but it needs to be called like it is.