Thoughts on 2010's Record Store Day, What are your

Guest admin1338560633

I hate crowds and bailed on it this year. Mainly cause I'm a lazy fuck and mainly because I want to choke the fuck out of hipsters in Seattle who love their vinyl, tight ass jean shorts and fixies. I'll be going up to hit a couple record stores next weekend and see if I can't find a couple people missed :)

LOL! +1!

I got lucky. Me and marty got up early and made our way to waterloo records about 40 minutes before opening. there were about 40 or so people in line already. We decided not to get food next door and just wait. glad we did. By the time the doors opened, there were at least 140 or so people in line. I was lucky enough to snag the last wilco box set and the 2nd to last hold steady. i should have picked one up for him (marty) as he made his way to the joe strummer stuff. but nonetheless. it was fun. everyone was asking about stuff out loud and people were happy to grab stuff (7"s) in one aisle for others on the lp aisle. We met a lot of nice people and talked about music. Saw a few friends there. By 10:30 almost everything was sold out. By 10:45 it was all gone and people spent the next 30 to 40 minutes wrapped up in lines talking about vinyl they didn't get. We never made it to the other 3 or 4 stores, but from texting with friends they were all busy as shit too and most was out of stock within 30 minutes. overall good experience and no one was a dick the whole morning.

kinda sucks that I wasnt able to snag a SUPERCHUNK 7" though. Anyone have one? Eddie was nice enough to sell me his Soundgarden 7" and Birdwell got me the Pantera releases because by the time i made it to the lp aisle everything was gone. (and that was within 4 to 5 minutes after opening).

Gotta love austin.