Well This Sucks

Weird, you don't have to take a driving test here. I guess that explains why there are so many shitty drivers in Texas.

No kidding, I thought I was going to die in Dallas...

Texas was the first place I saw roads with 2 speed limits depending on the time of day, that is something that should be adopted everywhere I think.

Congrats on passing the exam! I hope you went longer than I did without an accident!

Weird, you don't have to take a driving test here. I guess that explains why there are so many shitty drivers in Texas.

No kidding, I thought I was going to die in Dallas...

Texas was the first place I saw roads with 2 speed limits depending on the time of day, that is something that should be adopted everywhere I think.

Congrats on passing the exam! I hope you went longer than I did without an accident!

Yeah, Dallas is THE worst. I'm glad I don't really have a reason to go there anymore.

Guest scriptedrain

You're kidding...

What do people have to do to get a license? Just get an ID and sign it?

Does anywhere else have you get on the freeway like we have to in California? (at least southern)

I drove on a freeway for part of my exam, but it was only 4 laner (2 lanes each direction) not some eleventy-hundred lane superhighway.

Also, Ohio's in car exam does not require parallel parking, just some lame cone manuverability.

Does anywhere else have you get on the freeway like we have to in California? (at least southern)

I drove on a freeway for part of my exam, but it was only 4 laner (2 lanes each direction) not some eleventy-hundred lane superhighway.

Also, Ohio's in car exam does not require parallel parking, just some lame cone manuverability.

I didn't have to parallel park for my test either. I think the closest I got was a three-point turn. I had to get on a normal freeway (10 lanes total), get off the after one exit, and make one lane change. Not too hard.

in ct all i had to do was back out of a space, drive around the block and pull back into the same space...it took about 7 min...i waited 4 months for my "test" date and another 3 hourssitting in line @ the dmv...it was totally bullshit

Mine was a few right and left turns, a 3 point turn, and a parallel park. It took about 5 minutes. I was the first person on line so we only had to wait 30 minutes until it started.

Up here in BC we have some insane rules. You get your L at 16, which is a big red magnet you place on the back of your car to let others know you're a Learner. You can only drive with someone who has a valid drivers license and you can only drive at certain hours of the day. After 12 months of this I take a road test and get my N.

Your N is a big green magnet that lets people know you're a Novice. For 24 months as a Novice you can only have 1 passenger in your car and if you receive a speeding ticket your 24 month novice period RESTARTS! If you make it to 24 months you take another stringent road test and if you pass you get a valid drivers license!

So if you follow all the rules you can get your actual license when you're 19. They instituted the passenger limit to try and cut down on peer pressure things like speeding, but now instead of having 1 car with 5 kids going fast, you now have 3 cars with speeding kids! Fucking brilliant ICBC, brilliant.