stereo question about ipod hookup

alright ive had my ipod hooked up to my stereo the past year. last weekend i took out the cable that connects the ipod to the stereo so my friend could use it at his place.

i come back and try to plug it in and the sound is really distorted. there is NO bass, and sounds flat. the music is very distinguishable but its just missing something and sound kinda flat. (thats my best way to describe it)

but anyway, im wondering if anyone knows why that may be happening?

i didnt change any of the settings on my stereo while i had it unplugged, and i tested my cable again back at my friends place to make sure the cable isnt messed up.

anyone got any ideas?

Guest eriathomas

Have you tested your ipod out again to make sure the headphone jack did not get fucked up? Have you also tried like a CD player or your record player on your stereo too, to make sure it sounds ok that way?

Have you tested your ipod out again to make sure the headphone jack did not get fucked up? Have you also tried like a CD player or your record player on your stereo too, to make sure it sounds ok that way?

my record player works perfect! i also tested my ipod and it sounds fine when headphones are in.

stilll have no idea why it wont work when my ipod is hooked up