PO: AUSTIN LUCAS "Collection" CD (vinyl PO announc

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

AUSTIN LUCAS "Collection" CD (with free beer coozie and button)

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=180182&

The Pre-order for the CD is up now at Interpunk; We are waiting til we approve test pressings on the vinyl to post the pre-order on the vinyl. While supplies last, there will be a coozie and a button that will accompany the pre-order.

Shortly after recording a split album, "Bristle Ridge", with Chuck Ragan, Austin Lucas set out to start recording demos for what would eventually become "Somebody Loves You". The demos were pretty raw, but there was a magic to the recordings so it was decided that Austin would enlist German label, Hometown Caravan, to do a small pressing on 10 inch of these songs. That release, "At War With Freak Folk" sold out quickly and could be the most highly sought after piece in most people's Austin Lucas collections. As Austin starts recording demos for his followup to "Somebody Loves You", we discussed putting together a Collection of recordings that originally appeared on vinyl only releases. "Collection" begins with those 6 songs from "At War with Freak Folk", includes Austin's tracks from his split 7" with The Takers, Austin's cover of Dolly Parton from his Under the Influence split 7" with Frank Turner, a track from his split 7" with Chuck Ragan, and a track that has been unreleased until now. Until Austin completes his next masterpiece, allow "Collection" to offer you another dimension to Austin Lucas.

"Collection" will be released on CD, vinyl, and digitally. The first pressing of "Collection" will be on pink vinyl out of an edition of 500 copies w/ a digital download card. There will also be a European Pressing of "Collection" between Hometown Caravan and Combat Rock. We will announce our Pre-order on Collection after test pressings have been approved.

Track Listing:

1 Go West

2 Life I've Got

3 I Know I Know

4 She Did

5 Singing Man

6 Wild Boar

7 To Daddy

8 Oakland Skyline

9 My Momma's Son

10 Sweeter Than The Flowers

11 Easy Listening

Guest Admin
I will punch a baby for this. I'm a bit surprised because I know Austin had said he wanted the "At War With Freak folk" to be a bit of a smaller, avid fan thing. Still, I'm excited to have these songs digitally. Everything he does is great.

this is true, but he gets asked for those tracks so often, he figured it would make sense to put together "collection". I love that 10" and am glad to have a copy, but so many people missed out.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The euro pressing is apparently on black /500. Hometown Caravan said ordering will start on Nov. 1st. Will hold out for the VC pink copy, especially if it's going to be ready shortly as well.

I should have the test pressings any day now and when I do, I will post the pre-order. 150 on whiskey coke, 350 on pink

I will get some of hometown caravan's copies too

Whiskey Coke.....so is this the designated VC color for everything now?

I believe that for this year the most limited color on all the Suburban Home releases are Whiskey Coke in honor of thier 15 year anniversary.

what he said