New all vinyl distro! OUR STOCK!

hey!

my name's ashley and I'm part of a new mailorder called WORTHLESS JUNK.

we sell almost nothing but vinyl and are getting more in all the time.

we like multi vinyl releases, sets, colors, and all that good stuff that you don't see many places online

I'm attaching our current stock of NEW vinyl, I'll update it regularly.

check it out if you will, we take PAYPAL and pay by mail.

e-mail: [email protected] if you would like something and I'll let you know the total and exactly how to pay.

thanks for reading!!

check out our site for the complete catalog and reg updates:

http://www.worthless-junk.com

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.worthless-junk.com

New Stuff:

Featured: DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN "Option Paralysis" 180G Limited Edition LP

MINUTEMEN "Ballot Result" 2xLP

CROM "Cocaine Wars 1974-1989" LP

BRAID "Movie Music Vol. 1" 2x 180g LP

BRAID "Movie Music Vol. 2" 2x 180g LP

SHELTER "When 20 Summers Pass" LP

ELLIOTT SMITH "From A Basement On The Hill" 2x LP

GOGOL BORDELLO "Live From Axis Mundi" 2x LP / DVD

SONIC YOUTH "s/t" 2xLP

SONIC YOUTH "Destroyed Room: B-sides And Rarities" 2x LP

AMEBIX "No Sanctuary" LP+7"

BEIRUT "The Flying Club Cup" LP

DRY SPELL "Magic Man" 7"

CAPTAIN AHAB "End of Irony" 2xLP

MASSGRAV/WIDESPREAD BLOODSHED "Pick Your Queen" 7"

DEFEATER "Lost Ground" 2x7" set

HIRAX "El Rostro De Le Muerte" PICTURE DISC LP + 7"

L.S.D. (JAPAN) "1984-1986 Discography" LP

ULTRA DOLPHINS "Mar" LP

WOODS "At Echo Lake" LP

LIMP WRIST "18 songs" import LP

PROPAGANDHI "Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes" LP

AUS ROTTEN "The Rotten Agenda" LP

BORN/DEAD "The Final Collapse" LP

MIND OF ASIAN/STRAIGHT EDGE KEGGER "split" LP

JAWBREAKER "Etc" 2xLP

ARCHITECTS "Vice" LP

STAR FUCKING HIPSTERS "Never Rest In Peace" LP

DIRT "Black and White" 2xLP

BLACK TAMBOURINE "s/t" LP

REQUIEM "Storm Heaven" LP

FLEAS AND LICE "Recipes For Catastrophies" LP

VIVIAN GIRLS "Everything Goes Wrong" LP

BIG D & THE KIDS TABLE "Strictly Rude" 2xLP

BIG D & THE KIDS TABLE/BRAIN FAILURE "Beijing To Boston" LP

BIG D & THE KIDS TABLE "Strictly Mixed & Mashed" 2xLP

RESTOCKS:

JOANNA NEWSOM "Have One On Me" 3xLP

CAPSULE "s/t (tape+demo+tour)" LP

JAPANTHER "Rock and Roll Ice Cream" LP

PAINS OF BEING PURE AT HEART "s/t" LP

VIVIAN GIRLS "My Love Will Follow Me" 7"

ULTRA DOLPHINS "Why Are You Laugh" LP

ELLIOTT SMITH "Division Day" 7"

as a couple of points of constructive criticism.....

i dunno if id say "cheaper" than anywhere else.

just looking at the front page the envy "compiled fragments" is 2.50 more than vinyl junkie, and the born/dead LP is 1.50 more, etc.

and i think there are places on the net with lower prices than me too....thats just as low as i can go since i dont trade

also i dont get the selling stuff that no one else does online. Kimya Dawson, Explosions In The Sky, Mono, Elliott Smith, Braid. that kind of stuff is sold in hundreds of online stores. (dont get me wrong, some of those are my personal favorites!)

anyway, good luck with the distro. There seems to have been a lot of upstart distros/online stores lately, and they all end up quitting/shutting down within a year or so, so hopefully you find that niche that keeps you going in there somewhere!

points taken and original post edited for the sake of clarification.

i had meant to change that "price matching bit" before but had forgotten - we sell them for what works for us on our site, but on ebay we are more directly competitive with the lowest price we see there. outside of eBay I can't spend my time making sure ours are the "cheapest" as it's hard to justify it in my book.

regarding some of the "standards" we carry, available other places, a lot of things I do see other places but they are way over priced or I don't see them very often or I know a lot of people who have said "I want that" and a copy of it being at my house just may push them over the edge (one day).

but yeah, it's fun no matter what. if you have any recommendations for things we should carry please send them along.

can i ask what the reason for the distro is? particularly an ebay distro?

i can totally understand needing to sell items for what works. Some places will always have some way to be cheaper, whether they are having a sale, or bought them at a sale, or got them in a trade, or whatever that if you sold at that price, you would be losing money on.

i can also agree on the overpricing of a lot of stuff. Doing a distro myself i see the wholesale lists, and see when stores by stuff for 8 dollars, and sell them for 17.99 plus shipping, etc.

i wasnt specifically saying selling things other people have is bad! just more so in regards to the comment about selling all the stuff that no one else sells.

as far as recommendations for carrying stuff i just recommend finding that niche, whatever it may be for you. Ive done a distro for more than 10 years now, and ive seen a LOT of places start up and fold quickly, especially recently. If you are strictly an online store (especially if you have a focus on ebay sales), its going to be very difficult to stand out from the numerous other places doing the exact same thing. which tends to be a lot of places issues. starting a distro with records you can buy anywhere, and then wondering why kids are buying elsewhere.

whether it means selling a certain style of music, or a certain format, or offering some gimmick or whatever.

i think distros are great. and having them all over the country/world is like having local record stores all over (well, technically it IS little record stores, just maybe without the commercial storefront). But having a distro, and taking it to the level of an effective and stable distro is a whole other thing. and if the distro isnt effective, youll burn yourself out really quick. its only fun until it becomes work!

anyway, for good wholesale places check out for some of the bigger label/indie type stuff that you currently carry

chicago-independent.com

scdistribution.com

redeyeusa.com

for some of the smaller to mid size labels

ilcdistro.com

noidearecords.com

ebullition.com

and best of all work with the labels directly. its the most rewarding. you make good friends, and generally you get the best prices directly!