Verizon users

kyle

How do you like your service? What are some of the better phones they offer (I'm interested in something with a good web browser, maybe a smart phone or something)?

My choices are stick with my current service (Nextel- service is so-so, but I use the walkie-talkie on occasion) or switch to Verizon. I don't have a choice of any other service (I'm getting a deal since its through my dad's company, blah blah blah).

I've always used Nextel which as you guys probably know are very bare bones as they focus more on company phones and now that I can switch I think I want to get something that does cool shit.

I've had Verizon for years, and I love it. I almost always have service, and can honestly only remember a handful of times that I didn't have service. They're coming out with some new phones, but they also have the BlackBerry and Pearl and all that. I'm getting the Voyager when my plan is up. I kind of wish we got T-Mobile service here so that I could have the Sidekick, but if the iPhone and the Sidekick had a baby, it would be the Voyager...which is pretty awesome.

Anybody know how the web browsing is on the Moto Q? Basically, I want something with a good browser (I'd get an iPhone if I had AT&T or wanted to deal with trying to unlock it), I'm indifferent to pretty much everything else. Also, just to clarify, do these phones have the 'real' internet, like could I check forums and such, or am I limited to a few pre-programmed news and email sites?

Anybody know how the web browsing is on the Moto Q? Basically, I want something with a good browser (I'd get an iPhone if I had AT&T or wanted to deal with trying to unlock it), I'm indifferent to pretty much everything else. Also, just to clarify, do these phones have the 'real' internet, like could I check forums and such, or am I limited to a few pre-programmed news and email sites?

I know a number of folks who've had the Q. Almost all of them enjoyed it at first, and grew very sick of the phone for whatever reasons. Kirbypuckett has a Q on the sprint network, he'd be more knowledgeable about it. The web browser on it is very nice though.

I've had verizon for about 7 years now, its by far the best service in the country. I've been in the most rural area's of the east coast in the mountains and valleys of WV and TN and ive always had service and almost never roamed back then. I think the only place I ever roamed was in northern central PA, other than that, Verizon has been the shit.

I have the V, the dad of the enV. Its a little bigger, but its awesome. I read about sports news about 3 - 4 times a day and I used to check and write email on it when I still used hotmail. I plan to upgrade to the voyager or whatever sweet phone is out at the time next summer. Never had a problem, best company/service ever.

on a side note about the Chocolat. Natalie got one when she switched over from Nexthell and after a couple months it started acting up, randomly doing things and calling people. we went into the verizon store by my house and they looked at it and just gave her a new phone with no questions for free. that was awesome!

I've been nothing but happy with Verizon. It helps basically everyone I talk to has it. I personally use a Samsung u760 or something like that. It doesn't have a great browser but it works. I had a Treo and liked everything about it except the size. From what I can tell its one of the more unfettered phones when it comes to web browsing.

My bosses both have the PN something or other smart phone and they love it. Its a flip-phone but its a smart phone with email and web.

I hate flip phones. I think I'm going to get the Motorala Q. Coming from a plain-jane Nextel this thing will be awesome, I'm sure. Just as long as it has real web browsing, I'm cool with it (I say 'real' browsing because my Nextel phone as the 'net' but I can only access text based sites designed for the phone, and its only for checking news, sports scores and the weather, not much else).

I hate flip phones. I think I'm going to get the Motorala Q. Coming from a plain-jane Nextel this thing will be awesome, I'm sure. Just as long as it has real web browsing, I'm cool with it (I say 'real' browsing because my Nextel phone as the 'net' but I can only access text based sites designed for the phone, and its only for checking news, sports scores and the weather, not much else).

Its a good phone I just have an aversion for anything/everything Microsoft.

I've got the Moto Q on Verizon, and I love it. The Web browsing works well, and I almost always have Service. I had the Palm Treo 650 before this and the only thing I miss about that was my text messages were threaded like an aim chat...Other then that the phone is amazing, and works really well.