I plan on going to Italy...... (hostel content)

hostelworld.com is the best. Ill see if I can remember the names of the 3 hostels I statyed at in Florence, Venice and Rome.

that would be awesome man..... Thanks will check it out. on average what did u pay a night? did u share rooms with people etc? I have never stayed at hostel before so any info would be great

In Florence, I stayed at the Eurostudent home. It was a cool location but kind of weird living arrangements as everyone was sleeping right next to each other. It's good for a night or two if you're not staying in Florence long. It has crappy ratings but it wasn't terrible and there was free food certain nights/days.

http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Eurostudent-home/Florence/

In Rome, I stayed at the Freedom Traveller. This was my favorite hostel in Italy and it was set up like a hotel only with shared bathrooms. They also had free pizza and beer on Tuesdays and they gave us free wine when we checked in. http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Freedom-Traveller/Rome. It's right next to the train station too.

I can't remember Venice

Thanks for the info will def check those out.............. when going out for the day are there places you can lock your bag up etc? Or do u have to worry about people looking in bags. How does that work? I know every hostel will be diff but just curious how the ones you stayed at worked. Again thanks for the response. just trying to figure shit out. did u book in advance or did u do a walk in?

We had room keys for all of our hostels so we basically just trusted the other 1 or 2 people that might also be staying in the room. The two places we stayed with 10 people in a room had locked drawers though. No one is gonna steal clothes so just take your ipod or whatever with you if its small.

We booked way in advance but we noticed lots of kids booking their stuff the night before. Personally, I prefer to know where I'm staying in advance haha.

haha^

that hostelworld website is awesome, we were just planning on staying in hotels because we didnt know anything about hostels and always thought they were scary but that website totally changed our minds about hostels and looks will be saving about 60%-70% by doing hostels and guest houses instead of hotels!

ascitiesburn I am going June 23-July17 pretty stoked...........I have been n4 but never for this long..... I am sure your tickets were a lot cheaper than mine :)

true, and her parents gave us as a christmas present, enough frequent flyer miles to pay for our flights!

not gonna get shit for christmas this year but the value of the tickets is a shit ton more then what they get us for christmas normally so we had to jump on the offer!

http://www.amazon.com/Lonely-Planet-Europe-Shoestring-Vivek/dp/1740593146

really excellent book. used it when i traveled through france, britain, italy and holland after my senior year of high school.

yeah, any of the lonely planet books are amazing! ive been in india for a month now, here until august, those lonely planet books help a ton!

Brad that would be cool if you find the name and give some details about it....location etc...........

Really funny Kay Dubs ;)

ascitiesburn I was pretty sketched out about hostels as well but that site changed my mind completely most seem pretty legit. That is about the best present you can get. My ticket is a graduation present from college.

randysxe and JM435 yeah a few people have recommended lonely planet seems like they are good books will have to check them out.