Should I Unwrap My Record ?

Oh yeah, or they're here to hit on Allison.

Don't trust the words of flippers and hipsters and jaded cynical internet shitheads.

actually, i don't even collect vinyl. my membership here is just a giant sham to get all the guys here to fall madly in love with me just so i can later have them commit mass kool-aid drinking love-suicide for me later. THEN i will become a collector of vinyl when i amass the largest collection known to man as a direct result of them specifying in their wills that i get their record collections. BWAHAHAHAHA.

oh, and lol @ that last line.

oh, and AND, insert snarky comment about the OP potentially getting the vinyl itself signed here.

Wait. YOU'RE Allison?

Shit...I'm so confused...

Oh yeah, or they're here to hit on Allison.

Don't trust the words of flippers and hipsters and jaded cynical internet shitheads.

actually, i don't even collect vinyl. my membership here is just a giant sham to get all the guys here to fall madly in love with me just so i can later have them commit mass kool-aid drinking love-suicide for me later. THEN i will become a collector of vinyl when i amass the largest collection known to man as a direct result of them specifying in their wills that i get their record collections. BWAHAHAHAHA.

oh, and lol @ that last line.

oh, and AND, insert snarky comment about the OP potentially getting the vinyl itself signed here.

could we get some Tang here?

Don't frame the record because that will cause ringwear, plus you'll still be able to listen to it. Get it shrinkwrapped again if you want, but that might cause a glare when it's on the wall. I'm not really into autographs, but I do have some records on my wall. Especially if they're themed, like TBR and The Soviettes.

ACTUALLY, let me start over... since that's not really practical.

Take the vinyl out of the jacket. Put the record in the frame. Have the frame signed. Then put the frame in the sleeve, but leave the plastic on the jacket. That way the jacket stays nice, you have the autograph, you can listen to the record, and the sleeve won't get torn.

Shrinkwrap creates glare so you can't see the cover really good when there's a light on in the room at night. Just get the cover signed without the shrinkwrap. Use a plastic sleeve you do not want it on your wall anymore. That's what I do.

And to the other guy that said that it creates ringwear, how can that be when the record or the cover is not even moving for a long period of time?