Mightier than Sword

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i've tried contacting RJ, and i've tried washing. Washing failed, as the B-side is obviously bad. And i've had no response to my e-mails. I don't think i'm being unreasonable, am i? I don't collect albums to put them on display, and i expect them to sound reasonable.

Maybe it's your approach that soured people.

"Am i missing something? Are these not intended to be listened to and simply collectors items?"

"I don't collect albums to put them on display, and i expect them to sound reasonable."

That implies that people bought this record to display/sit on a shelf and not listen to it. That was pretty snotty to come in and say and at first blush makes you look like a jerk. Why would anyone want to offer you serious help when you come in and start off in attack mode?

It also is usually better to try and get a hold of the label/seller first before blasting the record publicly on a message board. Most label folks are good people and will replace the record if you're not happy with the quality or you think you got a defect. A quick, polite email goes a long way. If you don't hear back after a reasonable amount of time (give it more than a week) or the label emails you and tells you to take a hike, then blast them all you want.

That's my two cents. I also have a copy of this record and it sounds fine to me.

Well i've tried contacting RJ, and i've tried washing. Washing failed, as the B-side is obviously bad. And i've had no response to my e-mails. I don't think i'm being unreasonable, am i? I don't collect albums to put them on display, and i expect them to sound reasonable.

Ok. I just e-mailed you back AGAIN. Please let me know if you want to exchange the record or not.

whoa whoa. RJ said he emailed you. It usually takes a couple days to get back to you. Have some patience

I only got the second email and am in contact with RJ. It's fine, i've already shipped the record back. I did not get the first e-mail, but he's being understanding and pleasant so it's fine. People with sand in their vaginas posting things like the jizz comment are not.

Maybe you shouldn't have come out shouting your mouth off in the first place and then people may have been more understanding?

Shouting my mouth off? I think my first post is completely reasonable, and is a good description of what I got. Maybe people shouldn't be so quick to attack, and be immediately so defensive about this label.