Mightier than Sword

Hey folks,

I'm sure you're familiar with Mightier than Sword, and their Blink-182 reissues. I just received my Enema of the State (yellow/green) that i ordered from them. 3 week shipping would be fine with me, if the record was of a decent quality. It was packaged well, but the cover was dented regardless, i imagine from the factory. There is a light static hum present while listening (at least the first few tracks, i gave up), and some kind of smudge causing skipping on the first track. There are also small artifacts present in the vinyl in various places.

Am i missing something? Are these not intended to be listened to and simply collectors items? Because this is some poor quality. Another board I am on suggested it could be Pirate's Press who manufactured these, as they don't have a very good reputation.

Thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine sounds great. should probably try and contact the label first before trying to put them on blast for a record 5,000 people own and don't really have a problem with.

The number of people who own it is irrelevant, as my copy is crap.

Get a better turntable.

My other records sound great on my turntable for what it's worth. What's with all this defensiveness? I got a bad record, I wanted to see what the rest of you got. Relax.

also, try and clean your vinyl.

Yeah, that crossed my mind. But, really, this was opened for the first time, and placed directly on my turntable. Should a brand new record, straight from the factory, need cleaning? Forgive me if i'm being a noob, but i have never experienced that.

Sometimes they do.

Are you also on the What.CD forum?

Yeah, that's me.

I cleaned the album, but that didn't offer any help. I gave the album a full listen through. Side A sounds great, no problems. Side B is static and skips.

I thought this forum would be the best place to bring this topic up, and thanks to those of you who have been pleasant. The rest of you queens need to chill the fuck out. I'd figure an issue of record fidelity would find some understanding here, instead of just whiny attacks.

I contacted RJ again, hopefully i can get a good copy of this album. I was quite excited for it, and it's a real let down to listen to what i have.

Listen lady, I don't know where you got that someone whiny attacked you, but I think everyone in this thread was being helpful in some way or another. Could've needed cleaned, could've been your turntable. Ours all sound fine, we just thought we'd let you know you probably need to contact RJ and it's not just the quality of the release.

No skips or anything like that here, but the output on the b-side definitely has unintentional fluctuations. It's by no means an audiophile experience. This is the only result I've been able to get out of a clear orange copy (from the second MTS pressing?). Not on a crappy usb-turntable, but a wall-mounted P3 with fresh cartridge, correct tracking force etc. where records play great, if they are pressed likewise.

Listen lady, I don't know where you got that someone whiny attacked you, but I think everyone in this thread was being helpful in some way or another. Could've needed cleaned, could've been your turntable. Ours all sound fine, we just thought we'd let you know you probably need to contact RJ and it's not just the quality of the release.

Get a better turntable, I'm a noob, and the fact that 5,000 people own it was being helpful? Trying to clean it was helpful, and I've done that. Unfortunately, Side B is bad. I'm just frustrated for having waited so long and not being able to play it is all. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Get a better turntable, I'm a noob, and the fact that 5,000 people own it was being helpful? Trying to clean it was helpful, and I've done that. Unfortunately, Side B is bad. I'm just frustrated for having waited so long and not being able to play it is all. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

you seem like the type of person that orders a record and writes about it not being there two days later.

As everyone else said, Contact RJ. He's a stand up dude.