Record shelving

Yea, those target shelves with that construction style are lighter and stronger than particle board. Those shelves are rated at 200 pounds each. Which is amazing when one is built it only weighs like 20 pounds, if that.

Plus the backing doesn't get nailed in, its got slots it slides into which also really helps in many ways. It's refreshing to see them use like 2 inch screws to hold it all together too. They really are amazing shelves.

All this talk reminds me I have to order a couple more.

Yeah, I'm impressed. Hopefully i don't wake up to a bunch of smashed records, but i really doubt that would happen. I originally got 3, but then said fuck it and ordered 3 more a few days later since shipping was free and got that other discount. $118 for 3 of those shelves is a pretty good deal IMO. I recommend these to anyone looking for an affordable alternative to an expedit.

Guest eriathomas

I might go pick up a few of those Target shelves, since my little bookshelf is currently full. I'd love to get like 6 and set-up a little entertain center for my records, but my room is too humid to keep my records here, and I'm hopefully moving soon so it may need to wait.

I doubt these will collapse, For a little while I had 4 stacked up and loaded up to the max and they were still solid as a rock. 3 is my ideal height, I have 2 sets of 3 stacked currently, but if I were to go 4 again I would attach it to the wall just to be safe. Currently I got 6 with about 700 records on them, I may be picking up 4 more and re-designing the setup.

With my current setup, they hold the weight without showing any stress, plus on top of one I have my amp (35lbs) and the other one has the TT and pre-amp (30ish combined lbs)

If anyone is considering them, don't pay full price, there always going on sale, like right now.

Eh, for the hell of it, here's a old pic my 6 target shelves.

[image]

I have the same setup now, just the shelves are all almost full.