Vinyl Collector of the Day, Nick Moskal

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Today, we bring you our Vinyl Collector of the Day, Nick Moskal. Nick lives in Buffalo where he scours the city for its records. It sounds like he attacks the city like a UPS driver tackles their route hitting thrift stores, garage sales, record stores, and more. While every Vinyl Collector of the Day feature is interesting and unique, I think that Nick really took a lot of time to answer our questions and I highly recommend reading his feature. In addition to answering our questions about why he collects vinyl, his greatest vinyl scores, his thoughts on colored vinyl, his favorite local record stores, records he would love to see pressed, and more, he brings up a couple of interesting points. One, he mentions that when he stores his records, he always leaves a few cubbies open for newer releases which I think is a great idea. Before filing them away in their respective spaces, you have easy access to those records so you can play the hell out of them. He also discusses hanging out over entire summers at his favorite record store and wishing he could shop their one more time. Thanks Nick for taking the time to answer our questions.

You, too, can answer our questions and submit your Vinyl Collector of the Day feature. What are you waiting for? You can find the questions here http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/07/20/submit-your-vinyl-collector-of-the-day-feature-2-new-questions-added/

Click the link to read more about Nick

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/08/12/vinyl-collector-of-the-day-nick-moskal/

i know that guy!

one the solidest dudes on the planet.

and dude, i spin that Reign in Blood pretty much every Friday.

The only person I would have sold it to is you man. I know it's in good hands. I'm still trying to track down another copy for myself.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.