shipping to italy

hey, has anyone here shipped anything to italy? i'm trying to sell a record to someone but he asked me to wrap it like a gift and all, and i dont have wrapping paper or anything, so i was just gonna write gift on it, but is there still a good chance there will be a problem? because i dont really feel like dealing with anything

thanks

I've heard of A lot of people that refuse shipping to Italy. I've shipped probably 3 things there and haven't had any problem. If you don't wrap it as a gift and he gets it, he shouldn't complain. If he doesn't get it, he won't know it wasn't wrapped as a gift. Italians should know what they're getting into. They know their postal system sucks.

Guest markovianprocess

I don't ship to Italy without insurance. I've not had any bad experiences, but a lot of record sellers have and I'm a bit cautious.

I shipped twice or three times to Italy....also some big stuff to Mystic84. He always get his stuff, and so the others.

I even send something to Russia...and it landed in the correct hands.

INSURANCE...and you are fine. If not insurance - write the guy that you won`t take any responsibility. Scan your receipt from the Post Office and so you can prove that you brought it to the post!

This is great to know and I will keep this all in mind when shipping there! I dont know off the top of my head how often we ship there, but I do remember one NIGHTMARE!! It took 6 months for the package to arrive and it looked like someone sent it through the shredder. Canada Post (back in the day when we actually used their crappy service) refunded us no problem through the insurance. It was about $100 worth of stuff too!