Chicago peeps...

anyone want to come over and help me dismantle a couple thousand CDs?

I need to condense a ton of CDs and I'm going to get rid of the jewel cases so I can store them all in a much smaller section of the office.

Also if anyone needs any CD jewel cases, please let me know they're free+postage(or free to pick up at my place.) however many you want.

dan, not going to the fireside...not to sound melodramatic, but I'm not ready to go back there yet for shows.

nicole, for now I'm storing the CDs on spare CDr spindles and keeping the artwork stored neatly in boxes. For most of my CD collection I've un-cased them and put them in gatefold poly sleeves i bought from www.bagsunlimited.com and have them in plastic bins, divided by letters...of course I can't find a link to the sleeves...but they're on there somewhere...

fourfourtwo, it's 4:50am and I just got home...I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow. I'll let you known!

dan, not going to the fireside...not to sound melodramatic, but I'm not ready to go back there yet for shows.

:(

David, it's not you, it's me.

It's honestly going to take something of the magnitude of Dillinger Four playing there for me to set foot in that building again for a show.

what happened?

it was the cornerstone place to do shows in Chicago for about 15 years and the owner just stopped letting shows happen a few years ago after an argument with the promoter(it's more complicated than that, but that's the easy description) and it's like going there now, it's not the same place as it used to be, it's one of those "you can't go home again" situations.

It's silly and stupid and i essentially have to suck it up and go, but I've only been there once since they turned it back into a full fledged bowling alley and it was weird.

edit: everywhere you go in the building there's 1000 memories attached to them so it's sensory overload... It's hard to explain.

I can understand where you're coming from, dude. I was only there once when it was doing shows back in the day and it definitely left a mark on me. I've not been back in there since, but I am truly honored to be able to say I am getting to play there. Regardless of the changes, it is still the Fireside. It's definitely not the same as it used to be, but it's something I never even thought would be a possibility. To be asked to be one of the bands to play this new incarnation means the world to me knowing - and honoring - what came before me.

what happened?

it was the cornerstone place to do shows in Chicago for about 15 years and the owner just stopped letting shows happen a few years ago after an argument with the promoter(it's more complicated than that, but that's the easy description) and it's like going there now, it's not the same place as it used to be, it's one of those "you can't go home again" situations.

It's silly and stupid and i essentially have to suck it up and go, but I've only been there once since they turned it back into a full fledged bowling alley and it was weird.

edit: everywhere you go in the building there's 1000 memories attached to them so it's sensory overload... It's hard to explain.

Totally can relate. i remember they had some awesome shows coming up and my friends and I went and they were like "No more shows go home!"

We always wondered what happen to have it go back to a bowling alley. Some rumors were they could make more money as a full time bowling alley.

But I understand about the sensory overload. I remember some of the best shows I have ever seen were there and there is no way to go back. It just wouldn't be the same. Awww the shows we went to..... I'm getting teary eye'd.