Let's make another Chicago Thread

Chicago guys, I will be visiting your city next week from Tuesday to Friday for work. I would love to meet up with some of you guys and hang out. I could really use your expertize on where to eat and maybe we could hit up some record shops. Let's do something... oh yeah you could help me find my wife a birthday gift since I will be missing her & my sons' birthday for a second year in a row (thanks work).

http://mpshows.com/ for shows that are going on during that time

um...dave's at clark and wrightwood is okay (fullerton red line). reckless records is good, they have a few locations. there's one in the loop but two better and less stuffy ones pretty much equidistant from your hotel (one off the belmont red line stop and one off the damen blue line stop). permanent records at chicago and damen is good.

places to eat...depends what you're into: i think pequod's is pretty good for deep dish pizza it's near ashland and fullerton so your best bet would be the armitage brown line stop and walk a few blocks west and then north on clybourn, or just get off at fullerton (red line)and walk west and then south on clybourn. if you're vegetarian/vegan there are a lot of options but my friends really like the pick me up cafe at belmont and roscoe (belmont red line stop). i never really liked it too much. you shouldn't leave chicago without trying sultan's market, really good and really cheap middle-eastern food (damen blue line stop, walk west on north). if you want to head further north, there are a ton of middle-eastern places in west rogers park along devon, but that's kind of out of the way for you. if you want thai/vietnamese food get off at the argyle red line stop and pick a place, 95% of them are excellent, and pretty cheap. there's cool old gang stuff to see by the argyle stop (i live by here): green mill lounge, uptown theatre...but be wary because now there is new not so cool gang stuff that is going on. also, i don't know if you're nerdy but if you decide to head up to argyle, the architecture of a lot of the buildings in the uptown area is incredible. sadly our alderman is shitty and corrupt so it's all pretty much going to shit.

for chinese food there is chinatown, which is south of you at the cermak/chinatown stop (red line). if you feel like splurging on dim sum i can get the name of a couple good places for you.

i dunno, what else are you interested in?

I'll be up the first weekend of November (4th-7th) to see Frightened Rabbit and then chill.

oh man, that's a great weekend to be in chicago, it'll probably be mid 50s most of the time and dip down to being cold at night. it'll still be beautiful and sunny out. i'm gonna be in santa fe though :(

AWESOME. Then lame.

If anyone is looking to get tattooed this weekend, my good friend Tim Shafer will be tattooing a little bit at Code of Conduct. He's done a bunch of my tattoos and has great work. He should be moving up there within the next few months. Stop by and see him!

The last thing I need to do is get more tattoos...but this is rather tempting.

anyone want to goto a cubs game (i dont even like baseball) or medieval times (never done it, is it fun)? haha.

Medieval Times is in Schaumburg, IL. There is a show the 23rd at 7:30 PM and using this code I found tix are $35 a person. Unless you have access to a car you'd have to take the Metra out there. I've never been there, but if you want to go hit me up.

anyone want to goto a cubs game (i dont even like baseball) or medieval times (never done it, is it fun)? haha.

Medieval Times is in Schaumburg, IL. There is a show the 23rd at 7:30 PM and using this code I found tix are $35 a person. Unless you have access to a car you'd have to take the Metra out there. I've never been there, but if you want to go hit me up.

i'd be up for it. i heard the food is good atleast. even if the show is lame. let me know.