anyone here ride a bike?

Guest abravemorning

Do you have beef with fixed gear riders or the bikes themselves?

Neither really. I just don't get why they're so trendy. Single speed makes sense to me. Fixed gear doesn't.

As a wise friend once said, "you need to be able to coast to be a badass."

my single speed has a flip-flop hub. I ride it so I can coast, haven't had a chance to flip it and give fixed a try yet.

either way, I love my bike, and ride it to work when it isn't shitty out. my boss thinks I'm nuts for riding 5 miles on a single speed, but I love it. I did a 28 mile benifit ride on it last summer, that was fun.

Last year I bought my grandpa's old racing bike from him. It's a Silver Ghost, and it's crazy light, but it needs new tires. Kind of rare too.

pressing info?

haha

I honestly don't know, but he had a few offers for a few hundred for it and its real real old. Kind of weird. He gave it to me for $50.

I've got a cannondale rush 600 that I use for commuting to work a lot:

[image]

It actually works really well - lock the shocks up (need to get a new lockable rear shock), put road tires + rack on and I can use it every day to get to work. Then for weekends just swap the tires out for knobbies and pull the rack off for mtb goodness.