Ebay sniping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130430075665&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i dunno if that link will work. anyway, it was william elliott whitmore - song of the blackbird on red. fucking amaaaaaaaazing. end price $36.55. i would have paid double that no question

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does your heart race like mine does? hahah..

nothing gets your heart pumping like knowing that someone is about to cost you some extra coin. with that said, i just won some xbox 360 games on the cheap, and im still trying to chill out

Shit can get intense, not going to lie.

Also, I would never pay a system to snipe for me. It's quite simple though. However much you're willing to pay for that item, just put that in. If someone is crazy enough to go higher than you, let them go for it.

I always have a set price in mind, so whatever it is, I'll just bid that at the end. Usually works, but I rarely snipe anymore.

Guest markovianprocess
I missed out on an Iron Chic test press by a few dollars thanks to a sniper, so I feel your pain.

How so? Did this person tell you what their max bid was? Or did they bid $100 more than you and due to proxy bidding the final auction amount was bumped up a couple dollars.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at or why you've seemingly taken offense to my post. All I was saying was that I was bummed to miss out on a record I wanted by a couple of dollars in the last few seconds of an auction. I'm not sure what you find wrong with that statement.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at or why you've seemingly taken offense to my post. All I was saying was that I was bummed to miss out on a record I wanted by a couple of dollars in the last few seconds of an auction. I'm not sure what you find wrong with that statement.

I haven't taken offense to anything you've said, but what I find wrong about your statement is this. You have no way of knowing how much this other person bid. If the record sold for $20, they could have bid $20, they could have bid $25, or they could have bid $250. Because of the way ebay increases bids, there is no way to know if you actually lost by $1 or by $100. Just because you bid $19 and the record sells for $20, doesn't mean that is what the other person was willing to pay.

I understand the feeling behind sniping to keep the auction amount low, but ultimately to win an ebay auction you have to be the one willing to pay the most (when you bid doesn't matter), and the amount you end up paying is based on what the next highest bidder was willing to pay plus a little for bid increments (not including reserves/auction start price).