How has rock and roll ruined YOUR life?

thanks for kind words dudes. It's been cool reading other people's stories of how rock and roll saved their life. Keep them coming! Rahhhhh.

I'm always kind of loathe to talk about personal stuff, especially on message boards. So I'm glad this thread was

And yeah, if you met me over the last month, ummmm....... hey? Since I probably seemed out of sorts at the time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i drove a few good hours to see my friends band and paint it black. amazing trip, met some amazing people, saw some amazing bands, and overall just a great experience. my girfriend and i actually plan on doing alot of road trips and stuff this summer, so i'm super pumped for it.

we also talked to our friends about going to the fest this year, and all they did was give us a bunch of bullshit about why we shouldn't go and how it's so far. whatever, fuck them. these are kids i've known since middle school and when we invite them to come somewhere they make fun of us because we are gonna drive so far to see bands that tour here. i don't think they understand it's not just a show or anything, it's about the people you meet and the experience.

Why did it close by the way? I haven't been there since then.

when the crowbar closed the owner said it was because of all the competition. let me tell you...they were the only place in town that had live bands. i don't think pittsburgh and philly were pulling their crowds away. from living there, it looked to me like it was more so the fact that towards the end they were only booking local cover bands. the same bands that would be in town every single night. i was in that place for etid and i'm sure there were 600-700 people packed in that little place. they just lost a vision of how to book decent bands.

Why did it close by the way? I haven't been there since then.

when the crowbar closed the owner said it was because of all the competition. let me tell you...they were the only place in town that had live bands. i don't think pittsburgh and philly were pulling their crowds away. from living there, it looked to me like it was more so the fact that towards the end they were only booking local cover bands. the same bands that would be in town every single night. i was in that place for etid and i'm sure there were 600-700 people packed in that little place. they just lost a vision of how to book decent bands.

yeah dude there's a place around here that does that too. they are bound to go under. they have a HUGE venue, and i mean huge. but, they only book small local bands and charge $5 for every ticket. this place could honestly book bright eyes and i wonder if it would sell out. well, it would, but not for a while.

hahahaha, you dont grow up for real in college.......i think that happens after? im hoping it never does

I have been out of college for 5 years, you do not have to "grow up" if you don't want. Sure I have a full time job running a tech support department at a dot com, but I wear jeans and band tee shirts to work, get records sent to my office and continue to go out and party and have a good time. If I am out late at a show I go in when I get up and get on with life. I think my career and company work well for me and I am as grown up as I will ever be. Its only ruined my life if I consider the sex and drugs part to be a bad thing. Those 2 things have not got in the way of a successful start to my post college "grown up" life and I really don't see it getting in the way ever, well until the doctor says something...ok maybe it ruined my perspective of mainstream music. I can't stomach shitty music!