rare books and text books, where do you buy them?

j4m35

normally, i get mine from either half.com or amazon, but where do you buy yours?

there are a bunch of good options but i've always found the cheapest/best luck with those.

on a somewhat related note, are there any rare book collections here? if so, any suggestions for respectable and trustworthy sites? same goes for rare maps!

I've helped run a second hand bookshop for about 15 years and the site I use most for selling is biblio.co.uk, I think there is a biblio.com as well based in the states.

It works works well for selling so I assume it works well for buying.

A lot of people I know use abe books for buying and selling although I hear prices can all over the place.

Also bookfinder.com is great because it looks at all the selling sites and shows which book is the cheapest including shipping to your country, I use it a lot for looking up prices as well.

Guest markovianprocess

Usually somewhere as simple as amazon.co.uk. I buy a lot of digital textbooks books for the Kindle, it's so cool not having to carry around 700 page textbooks all day. There is also a Kindle reader for mac/pc/iphone/etc. Might be worth a look.