CRASS: There Is No Authority But Yourself DVD

kouka

Disagree...Crass have some great songs, their gigs were something else, their lyrics/artwork/beliefs meant so much to me growing up. As a band they never sold out, the bands they released on their label (even if some of them were unlistenable), the low cost of their records/gigs, dial house....I could go on!

Yeah, they were a big influence on me!

^ Fuck Crass, listen to the Clash!

They said that we were trash, well the name is Crass not Clash...they can stuff their punk credentials, cause it's them that take the cash.

;)

crass, is pretty much unlistenable garbage, that you need to pretend to like for punk points. Creedance and Dylan figured out you could trash the system in a pop song, and have it sound awesome and have everyone hear it... why can't idiot punk rockers.

Damn Gina!

Different strokes I suppose...

Also, FUCK BOB DYLAN AND CCR! :P

I have a sneaking suspicion that Crass weren't interested in emulating Creedence and Dylan.

I'll agree that some stuff (Yes Sir, I Will) isn't aurally pleasing (and that was the point), so arguing their listenability is arguing the validity of avant garde. They were interested, and succeeded, in pushing boundaries of what a band does. The stuff they did with the Thatcher and Regan tape was phenomenal, so I'd suggest earning some of those punk points and doing some research first.

It's a sad time when someone compares CCR to Crass, and CCR comes out on top.