Top 10 Most Valuable Records [Record Pressing Blog

Guest admin1338560633

I've read a bit about some of these records, and found a few interesting tidbits about a couple of them:

Beatles - Yesterday and Today: $39,000 is an extraordinarily high price for this, especially a mono copy. That particular copy was bought at a Beatles convention in 1987 from something called the "Livingston" collection, Livingston being the head of Capitol records when the album was released. He had 25 of these stored away and put some up for auction. The stereo copies (of which there are about 1/10 as many as mono copies) go on eBay for a few thousand dollars.

Frank Wilson - Do I Love You: There are apparently only two of these in existence (not three), and one sold last year for £26,000, which is something to the tune of $45,000. Considerably higher than the one listed in the article.

I've read a bit about some of these records, and found a few interesting tidbits about a couple of them:

Beatles - Yesterday and Today: $39,000 is an extraordinarily high price for this, especially a mono copy. That particular copy was bought at a Beatles convention in 1987 from something called the "Livingston" collection, Livingston being the head of Capitol records when the album was released. He had 25 of these stored away and put some up for auction. The stereo copies (of which there are about 1/10 as many as mono copies) go on eBay for a few thousand dollars.

Frank Wilson - Do I Love You: There are apparently only two of these in existence (not three), and one sold last year for £26,000, which is something to the tune of $45,000. Considerably higher than the one listed in the article.

Yeah, there's a store by me that has a sealed mono copy of Y and T for $16,000 in the glass case

http://www.rockaway.com/online/online/title.php?ItemID=12736

Reading is essential, re-read the very short article, the whole article this time. The Conan single was not the one that was sold for that price.

Almost every month a Jack White / Third Man related item is in the EBay-o-meter section of Record Collector magazine which highlights the top ten highest closing auctions.

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/1352976136/white-stripes-lafayette-blues-45-sells-for-18-000

He also sold a instrument from the Get Behind Me Satan tour for charity on eBay, that went for $15K.

This list and peoples acceptance of it makes me think most new record collectors these days need to branch out and explore more music and find sources of information off the internet. And/or be more skeptical of what they read online. This list is a joke, purely due to the fact no sources and dates of sale were listed.

It would be cool to make a new blog on the Top Most Valuable Hardcore Records.

Judge - Chung King Can Suck It

Necros - Sex Drive 7"

The Fix - Vengeance 7"

Youth of Today - Break Down the Walls red & blue vinyl

Chain Of Strength - True Till Death silver sleeve

Floorpunch - Division One Champs on gold

Chain of Strength - Chain Crew

Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown with brick background

Agnostic Front - United Blood 7"

Minor Threat - In My Eyes on red with Gary Cousins sleeve

I would do it, but I only have half of them.