Bright Eyes new album, tour 2011

gmoney

So excited about finally seeing them... so thought it needed its own post.

Bright Eyes is back. Well, not yet exactly, but expect to hear a lot about the band and its leader, Conor Oberst, in the coming months.

On Feb. 15, the band will drop its seventh album, titled The People's Key. Shortly after, Oberst and company will hit the road, playing a bunch of cities in the United States including two dates in new York at Radio City Music Hall (Superchunk and Wild Flag will open both shows). It's the band's first full run of U.S. dates in over three years due to the fact that Oberst has been doing solo stuff plus working on other projects.

Pre-sales for some shows begin Dec. 14; public on-sales start Dec. 17. Dates are as follows:

3.2 Miami, FL: Fillmore Miami Beach @ The Jackie Gleason

3.3 Lake Buena Vista, FL: House of Blues

3.4 Atlanta, GA: Tabernacle

3.5 Ashville, NC: Thomas Wolf Auditorium

3.6 Richmond, VA: The National

3.8 New York, NY: Radio City Music Hall

3.9 New York, NY: Radio City Music Hall (SOLD OUT!)

3.10 Boston, MA: House Of Blues

3.11 Portland, ME: State Theatre

3.13 Toronto, ON: Sound Academy

3.14 Royal Oak, MI: Royal Oak

3.15 Chicago, IL: Vic Theatre

3.17 Nashville, TN: Ryman Auditorium

Conor Oberst talked about how Bright Eyes have ditched the sound we all know for a more "modern and contemporary rocking album" on The People's Key.

http://www.billboard.com/news/conor-oberst-new-bright-eyes-album-will-1004134771.story#/news/conor-oberst-new-bright-eyes-album-will-1004134771.story

interview with billboard about new album

i wonder how it will sound, if it has any type of desaperacidos feel im guna fuckin love it

Conor Oberst talked about how Bright Eyes have ditched the sound we all know for a more "modern and contemporary rocking album" on The People's Key.

http://www.billboard.com/news/conor-oberst-new-bright-eyes-album-will-1004134771.story#/news/conor-oberst-new-bright-eyes-album-will-1004134771.story

interview with billboard about new album

i wonder how it will sound, if it has any type of desaperacidos feel im guna fuckin love it

Ditto that my friend, ditto that.