John Vanderslice PO up

I don't know if any of you are fans, but there are a bunch of Saddle Creek-esque bundles for his new album here: http://www.scdistribution.com/whitewilderness/

The $45 dollar option includes:

* A vinyl copy of John Vanderslice's self-released, limited edition, tour-only EP Green Grow the Rushes

* Copies of both John Vanderslice's 7" singles on Dead Oceans Too Much Time and D.I.A.L.O., both featuring non-album b-sides.

* A limited edition John Vanderslice 14x22 poster printed by Nashville's legendary Hatch Show Print.

* A specially packaged, unique 5x7 signed photo print by John Vanderslice. Packaged in a 7" record sleeve to protect the print, each photograph is unique.

* CD and LP of White Wilderness

* Instant MP3 download of the album for immediate enjoyment

i'm in for the 'platinum' in a couple days too, got into JV on the 'gone primitive' tour with the mountain goats, i thought the EP was okay and probably would have let it go if it was sold individually, but that + the record + the two 7"s make it a decent deal in my eyes, i woulda grabbed those 7"s individually anyway.

i have mixed feelings on all these bundle packages; a lot of them have some junk that i don't need/want, but as long as they're decently priced, it definitely prompts me to buy the new LP quicker than i would if artists just released them alone. maybe i'm a sucker, but at least it gets the new albums sold faster and more reliably for the artists..

I like these bundles in general if they're done well like this one. I'd definitely pay $40 - $50 for an LP of a band I really liked if they threw in a bunch of cool limited stuff that I actually wanted instead of just a CD version or ugly T-shirt.

yeah, i mean, this, but part of what i don't like about it is if it's something i was already going to buy, it definitely takes away from the ability to buy other new records. again, i like JV - not LOVE, but the fact that the EP is available just in this bundle or on tour kinda makes it a deal breaker for me. and if i just bought the regular LP, i might end up throwing that extra $15 at another record instead. double-edged sword, but i guess and buy it or don't.

• 3 weeks later...