Darkest Hour

Back in the day when I worked for a record store (circa 2001-02) we received an order from Victory where they placed a stack of records in the BOTTOM of the box and piled a whole ton of t-shirts on top of them. Luckily only one record was broken (a copy of thursday's full collapse on clear pink) but seriously... what kind of moron in the shipping department thought that was a good idea?!?!?

you know i never noticed this till now

This happened right about the time all those accusations about Tony abusing employees were going around. It was sort of funny because I just kept imagining Tony ripping around the office choking people, throwing computers out windows and generally freaking the fuck out over this misprint.

I should say that I have always been treated like a king by Victory's press people over the past almost 20 years. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the music they put out now the press folks over there are still top notch and I've never heard from anyone of them that Tony is as he is presented. Not that it means anything. Perhaps they live in fear? Who knows.

It's partially living in fear of losing their jobs.

He is as bad as he's represented, my old roommate used to work there and was fired for "lack of enthusiasm". I've had a lot of friends come and go from Victory, they all have hilarious stories of him doing everything from putting keystroke tracking devices on their computers, to monitoring websites visited, to threatening to kill people on the phone, etc... Also you're not allowed to listen to non-Victory Records music in the office.

It's partially living in fear of losing their jobs.

He is as bad as he's represented, my old roommate used to work there and was fired for "lack of enthusiasm". I've had a lot of friends come and go from Victory, they all have hilarious stories of him doing everything from putting keystroke tracking devices on their computers, to monitoring websites visited, to threatening to kill people on the phone, etc... Also you're not allowed to listen to non-Victory Records music in the office.

I guess the folks that work there are glad there's all that world music garbage they put out on their imprint. So instead of listening to (insert awful band here) they can listen to (insert awful world music here). That's not to say that I think all their bands are awful or anything. I just wouldn't want to have to listen to JUST what they have in current rotation all the time. I could probably listen to Bloodlet and Earth Crisis for about six months. I really like the first few Silverstein Records. And I'm probably never going to get tired of All Out War and Warzone.