Josh Ritter - The Animal Years

Because I know some of you have been waiting for it. And I've been campaigning for it for the year I've been doing his merch. We just announced today the re-issue of Animal Years on 2xCD and LP:

That's right. Like Golden Age Of Radio and Hello Starling, The Animal Years has been drastically improved. The updated version of the CD and the VINYL now include a BONUS disc, featuring Josh performing the entire album SOLO ACOUSTIC, plus 4 b-side recordings (Blame it on the Tetons, Harbortown, Peter Killed the Dragon, and Monster Ballads [early version]), and two videos. The included acoustic album was recorded for this re-issue in 2008, and these recordings have not been previously released!

Free MP3: Wanna sample Josh's re-take on his own songs? We're offering the classic "Wolves" - the solo acoustic version - as a free mp3. Click here to get yours.

For the CD edition, both discs are housed in a tri-fold cardboard sleeve (like the ones made for the Hello Starling and Golden Age Of Radio reissues), with NEW artwork and fresh liner notes by Tom Ricks (Pulitzer Prize winning journalist).

The LP version of The Animal Years includes the bonus CD in a full-color sleeve, inside the LP (same as The Hello Starling re-issue).

The Animal Years (vinyl) is available now at Josh's official site (here) and most indie shops. For the local shop near you, visit

The Animal Years CD will be available at the indies (www.thinkindie.com), Amazon.com, and Barnes & Noble on February 15. PRE-ORDER NOW at Barnes & Noble (
) and at Josh's official site, here.

Josh will also have ALL The Animal Years merchandise available at the shows!

Multiple options for ordering there, since I know a lot of you aren't into Blue Collar. I haven't heard the wax yet, so I can't comment on it's quality. I wanted to do a deluxe 2xLP 45 RPM the whole shebang. But got outvoted due to timing and cost.

Enjoy!

Not really my scene but hopefully this is a successful release for Mr. Ritter.

one of his most critically acclaimed to date. Was originally released in 2006 and definitely helped Josh make his mark. If you haven't heard it, I urge anyone reading to go check it out here - http://joshritter.com/2010/07/03/the-animal-years/

I'd recommend a song for you to listen to, but this whole record is 100% solid. The rest of his albums are available for streaming there too.

I knew I'd see you in here. No problem, dude. And if you're coming to the Asheville show in 2 weeks I'll have copies there.

You gonna be at his solo show in Louisville? With vinyl?

I'll be there for sure. Hopefully with vinyl. It's a fly date right after SXSW, so merch will be limited.

I'll be there for sure. Hopefully with vinyl. It's a fly date right after SXSW, so merch will be limited.

Well nevermind. It has sold out. Kentucky Country Day is a very small private school, so I knew there wouldn't be many tickets. After missing his free show on the river I thought for sure I'd make this one.