Austin Lucas - a new home in the old world p/o up

Yeah, in June or July when the tour with Austin/Christina Wagner and Cory Branan came through California he had a tour demo CD called "New Homes/Golden Tones" or something with demos of 5 new songs from Austin and 4 from Christina Wagner.

I don't know how many there are...he said they were just kinda making them as they went. They only had 5 at the San Francisco show. It was just a CDR with a cheaply made front and back cover in a folded plastic case.

Did you get one? If so, would you be willing to send me mp3s? I would love to hear these tracks!

Me too please.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered. Really looking forward to it. As I'm in the UK I'm definitely hoping the free shipping wasn't a glitch! Last Chance are damn speedy even when shipping to the UK so are all good in my books. They replaced a Kevin Kerby + Battery LP for me real quick when the original one I ordered somehow got redirected to India and when it finally arrived in the UK it was warped to hell. The replacement was packed extra well and arrived in about 5 days. Really good service.

Can't wait for the record to drop or the UK tour shortly after!

Life is good!

Free shipping to the UK is definitely going to be a mistake.

I'm pretty much betting it was, I emailed them to check but haven't heard back yet.

Yeah, in June or July when the tour with Austin/Christina Wagner and Cory Branan came through California he had a tour demo CD called "New Homes/Golden Tones" or something with demos of 5 new songs from Austin and 4 from Christina Wagner.

I don't know how many there are...he said they were just kinda making them as they went. They only had 5 at the San Francisco show. It was just a CDR with a cheaply made front and back cover in a folded plastic case.

Austin's demo was called "New Home Demos" and Christina's was "Goldentone Demos". At the beginning of that tour you would get two cd's in a sleeve and halfway through the NY dates (the date before MA) they switched it to one disc with both demos... I know that doesn't necessarily do anything for anyone, I just like details.

I dunno guys. Don't mean to be a dick, but I kinda know the dude a little bit, and I don't really feel comfortable sending out free demos of his music, especially since his new record is coming out soon. Kinda feels like leaking it to me.

He's pretty easy to get ahold of on Facebook or Myspace, though. If you ask him he might be cool with getting you those tracks somehow. Also, one of them, "Sleep Well", was on one of Suburban Home's free mixtapes.

I dunno guys. Don't mean to be a dick, but I kinda know the dude a little bit, and I don't really feel comfortable sending out free demos of his music, especially since his new record is coming out soon. Kinda feels like leaking it to me.

He's pretty easy to get ahold of on Facebook or Myspace, though. If you ask him he might be cool with getting you those tracks somehow. Also, one of them, "Sleep Well", was on one of Suburban Home's free mixtapes.

Thats fair enough.

Hometown has these for preorder, for any international board members. Got an email from Elmer:

If you haven’t heard about it, Combat Rock & Hometown Caravan snapped the European license for the new Austin Lucas record and it’s called a new home in the old world. The record will be out at the first of April.

If you want to preorder this masterpiece then do it now. Just use the old school way and write me a simple mail and you will get a Austin Lucas poster with every CD (10 €) and LP (10 €) for free.

You can get a appetizer called “somewhere in the light” on our player.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think so....Austin Lucas stuff doesn't seem to sell out fast. Can't wait to hear this though.....they didn't say what the color is did they?

I've got no idea what color it is, they've just listed it as Limited Color Vinyl. Well, people should get on this 'cause I've got a feeling it's gonna be a hell of a good listen.

I got an email with a download of the new album that said the vinyl is delayed 2 weeks due to volume at the pressing plant. It says that since it's delayed they're making it up to us by sending us a download of the original acoustic demos.

Hopefully it will have all the tracks, since I already have the one he was selling on tour last summer, but it looks like those of you that wanted the New Homes demo tracks will get them if you pre-ordered the record.

I got an email with a download of the new album that said the vinyl is delayed 2 weeks due to volume at the pressing plant. It says that since it's delayed they're making it up to us by sending us a download of the original acoustic demos.

Good they sent you the email...I haven't received one yet, hoping it comes through soon as I'm very interested in the demo's.