Dog Lovers - help us save Billy the Goldendoodle!

A local rescue group here in town pulled this adorable puppy from animal control

this week and brought to my hospital for evaluation and possible treatment. The

poor thing has a fractured tibia/fibula and pelvis and was left there like that

for almost 5 days before the great folks at S.A.F.E. mercifully got him to us!

We performed surgery earlier tonite, and it was successful as far as we can tell.

He needs time and care for a full recovery...and that is costing everyone a fair

amount of cash. Enter you, V.C. dog-lovers...

[image]

http://safeanimals.com/?p=1226

Help the rescue group cover the costs of saving "Billy" by making a small donation

at the link below. We are giving S.A.F.E. some significant discounts on the care,

but the finances are still going to be a big hill for them to climb. You can make

a Paypal donation (and read more about "Billy") at the link below. They are a 501c3

non-profit so your donation is tax deductible!

[image]

Sorry for the cruddy cellphone pic, I just had one of my employees snap it real quick

and now it's getting used for the story. And sorry to "beg" for help, but I know a

bunch of you here are dog/animal lovers and maybe have an extra $5 or more to kick in

for a good cause.

Thanks a bunch V.C. - love "Billy" and Brendan

No Scott, it's a cross between a Golden Retriever and a cheez-doodle!

Late this morning, post-surgical recovery Day #1

[image]

Here you can see the right hind leg, shaven for surgery, and the incision site where we went

in...we used several intra-medullary pins and a tension band to secure the fracture and

re-attach the tibial crest.

[image]

MAKE YOUR DONATION, NO MATTER WHAT AMOUNT, HERE:

Thanks for continued support you guys. Billie is doing much better now, and not only is she recovering well from her surgery, but she also had another setback - parvoviral enteritits - and seems to have beaten the Parvo handily too! We are releasing her to a new foster home (one

with no other dogs) this weekend. The rescue folks could still really use your help if you can do anything at all, so hit them up. Your donations made it possible for us to save her life! Thank you soooooo much :)

Today I am bringing home a little stray chihuahua that S.A.F.E. pulled from Animal

Control earlier this week. He has severe pneumonia and a semi-consolidated left lung.

He's also emaciated from starvation. We treated him with IV fluid therapy and antibiotics

for a few days, but that was all they could afford to do. He will chill home with me

for the next week or so and I'll try to nurse him through. They're calling him "Buddy."

Any donations you make will help him as well....pics soon. He's adorable.

I've also gotten wind of a terrier puppy who was hit by a car and suffered a fractured

pelvis, and a cat who was half dead during delivery of her kittens. These are from a

different rescue group we work with called F.A.I.R. and I'll post details of those if

they end up in our care.

Go here for a Paypal donation of ANY AMOUNT: http://safeanimals.com/?p=1226 [safeanimals.com] »

Or call my hospital to donate by credit card (520) 308-4225