Amazon Cloud Player

http://mashable.com/2011/03/29/amazon-cloud-player-first-impressions/

This new service sounds pretty damn impressive. Although the idea of the program searching my hard drive doesn't sound all that cool. I'll be honest... I have downloaded music for free from the internet. Shocking, I know.

Although the idea of the program searching my hard drive doesn't sound all that cool. I'll be honest... I have downloaded music for free from the internet. Shocking, I know.

Downloaded music is indistinguishable from music legitimately ripped from your own CDs. And it's not like an Amazon employee will be inspecting your library. You've got nothing to worry about.

Also LOL at paying $1 per GB to play your own music "anywhere you want". I already have either my laptop or my iPod with me at all times, why would I pay $120/year for the ability to play it on other computers? Everyone's always losing their shit over consumer applications of cloud computing, but I have yet to see a single use of it that makes me care.

Also LOL at paying $1 per GB to play your own music "anywhere you want". I already have either my laptop or my iPod with me at all times, why would I pay $120/year for the ability to play it on other computers? Everyone's always losing their shit over consumer applications of cloud computing, but I have yet to see a single use of it that makes me care.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. All I ever hear is that cloud computing is the way of the future, but it just doesn't seem necessary or practical for the vast majority of people.