WRESTLEMANIA

well all of that family-friendly tv is all thanks to linda mcmahon deciding to go into politics. it sucks, but all we can really do is just accept it, and take what we can get.

and how can you say that about miz?? that dudes story is amazing. he made an ass out of himself declaring himself a world champion back when he was a drunk on the real world. but then he was actually able to persue that, and achieve the talent of a world champion caliber star. great energy in the ring, and hes a genius on the mic. the "awesome" thing may be cheesy, but he really is awesome.

Oh, I actually heard the Rock came back so I searched YouTube and watched it. Like I said, I usually turn it on and find myself occupying my time otherwise. Wrestling doesn't have the same appeal any more so that's why Cena, Edge, and Miz seem tired and unimaginative characters.

The Miz's story isn't compelling, so I don't care on that end. He's not intimidating. He just runs his mouth (which he is pretty good at) but his skill-set is weak. As shitty of a wrestler Cena is, you see Cena's determination. He's got charisma. I just don't see that with the Miz. I've been an avid fan for 20 years but watching it for most of my 30 years on this earth (the last 10 years have been off and on). A lot of the guys talk about how bad Cena was, he would stink up the arena. But the guy worked. Now they're in a good place to allow for a heel-turn in the next couple of years and sustain his career for a long time. That's at least something I can pay attention to. Miz doesn't compel me to feel anyway, which is him not getting over. And that is the most important thing in drawing fans: to make you feel something when you see the person.

after looking at the card, i can confidently say thats the worst WM card ever.

WWE's turn back to being kid friendly probably is in part due to linda's venture into politics but you also have to remember that the kids that watched the golden age of WWF (mid 80s - early 90s) started to grow up and interest in WWF waned big time in the mid 90s as a result (you could probably count the steroid scandal in there as well). by 98 or so, these same kids were teenagers or early 20s so of course something edgier, more violent, more sexual, etc. was going to appeal to them and bring them back. now those teenagers are in their mid 20s to early 30s and are pretty much beyond wrestling altogether (count me in this group).

so now, wwe has to come back to the kids and bring back the families. eventually, as these kids who watch wrestling now grow up - theyre going to want the envelope to be pushed too in order for it to remain interesting to them. i wouldnt be surprised if in 7 - 10 yrs, wrestling goes back to being more like the attitude era and thus the cycle repeats.

thatd be awesome.

almost as awesome as a full year of build up to The Rock v John Cena at WMXXVIII

i didnt think there was a chance that they would actually agree on that match last night.

Guest kingbuzzo
thatd be awesome.

almost as awesome as a full year of build up to The Rock v John Cena at WMXXVIII

i didnt think there was a chance that they would actually agree on that match last night.

It'll be interesting to see how they keep fan's interest in the match up while keeping Cena from getting injured at some point over the year. Especially since the Rock isn't back full time or anything. If they're smart they'll have him show up at key times and maybe cost Cena a match or even save him from a beatdown so that he's "healthy" for the Rock to beat. I can't say I have a lot of interest in this match though. I'm not impressed with Cena in the ring unless he's going up against someone who can carry him and there's no way he's going to be the babyface against the Rock so he'll have to rely on his heel tactics, which were bland and annoying in the first place.

Really I thought Wrestlemania sucked. The only thing I was briefly amused by was the backstage skit with Snoop and that was mainly because I got to see some of my favorite guys in the WWE outside of their weekly matches on Superstars.

So you are in a room of dudes watching half naked men role play, getting pumped up for Snooki?

fixed

You forgot the most important part though:

its a ton of fun, because we dont give a fuck.

I think setting this match up for next year will wear thin in the mind's of fans. They need to stop mentioning it and like kingbuzzo said, have the Rock cost/help Cena at crucial moments.

Hulk vs. Rock will probably be better a match in hindsight.

I can't wait until Cena is a heel. I'll still dislike him.

you are talking about the previous rock/hogan match, right? because the last thing the wrestling world needs is hogan in the ring. which is why i dont watch tna anymore.

also getting antsy for cenas heel turn. he really is the perfect face for the company, but i just cant take it anymore.

Guest kingbuzzo
Yeah, the Rock vs. Hogan match from Wrestlmania 18? Or was 17? But, 2002 was the last year he looked good in the ring. Or, passable. It's novelty.

It was 18. Their faceoff mid-ring was one of the few highlights of that show.

Yeah. I mean, Hogan could do that face off any day, the Rock too. But I bet they both got goosebumps. If anyone was going to take out the NWO, it would be the Rock. It was a tired attempt but I'm glad they did it and ditched it early.

NWO ruled in WCW in the mid to late 90s though.