How do i get rid of telemarketers on my cell phone

Hey I have already joined the national do not call list with my phone number.

Starting in December I had been getting a call maybe every other week or so, although this past week its been sometimes 2 or 3 a day and the past two days ive been getting text messages as well.

Every time I pick up i ask to be taken off their call list and they hang up. I have even tried asking for their supervisor but again they just hang up.

Is there anything I can do to get them to stop calling?

If it's the same number, you can block it through your carrier. I used to have the same problem, but I ignored the calls and eventually they stopped. I still get week long periods every few months where they try again, but it's getting less frequent. Worst case you can change your number.

if you tell a company to take you off their list (you actually have to say "take me off your list"... purely saying "stop calling this number" is not enough), and they call you again afterward, you can report them for it. each instance where they call you after you've requested to be taken off their list costs them a $10,000 fine.

if you tell a company to take you off their list (you actually have to say "take me off your list"... purely saying "stop calling this number" is not enough), and they call you again afterward, you can report them for it. each instance where they call you after you've requested to be taken off their list costs them a $10,000 fine.

How and to whom do you report them?

If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?

No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls. However, if you ask a company with which you have an existing business relationship to place your number on its own do-not-call list, it must honor your request. You should keep a record of the date you make the request.

How do I file a do not call complaint? What do I need to file a complaint?

You can file your complaint on the registry’s website, www.donotcall.gov, using the File a Complaint page. You must provide the date that the company called you and the number that was called and respond to a question asking if the call was a prerecorded message. You may provide your name and address, but this information is not required for you to submit a complaint. You also may call the registry’s toll-free number 1-888-382-1222 (TTY: 1-866-290-4236).

I think a lot of the calls are scammers too, who don't leave any sort of record so you can report them. If it is a legit company calling, you can fill out a complaint on the FCC's site about them.