Easter in Chicago

tomorrow there's a Jay Ryan art exhibit...somewhere on Lincoln by Diversey...

http://rotofugi.com/gallery/artists/jayryan2011.asp

then there's a show at the Mutiny with Chicago Thrash Ensemble and Fuck the Facts...Saturday Steve Ignorant & CRASS are playing...not sure what else

Yo!

music:

black lips/vivian girls are playin logan square auditorium friday night. that steve ignorant show at bottom lounge on saturday is gonna be amazing. anal cunt is playing this super lame venue called reggies on the south side on sunday (22nd and state).

sports:

cubs saturday, you can find tix cheap but it's gonna be cold as fuck. hawks are back in town sunday night, but tickets are gonna be insanely expensive. totally worth it if you're a hockey nut though

bars:

estelles, map room, ronnies, archies, club foot, cobra lounge, hungry brain, exit, rainbo club, innertown pub, townhall pub, l & l tavern (wrigleyville bar the larry arms write about/work at occaisionally), ginger man tavern, california clipper (SNL dudes including chris farley used to haunt that bar), goldstar bar, etc....

record stores:

permanent records (Chicago n Damen), Reckless Records, ect....

Look me up on facebook if you need anymore info. You should be able to find me by searching Carl Ross

the mutiny is a great bar if you have no sense of smell and are caught up on all your immunization shots.

additionally if you drink, pay the extra money for the bottled beer rather than the mini pitchers, I know waaay too many people who've gotten food poisoning from their beer, because they either don't wash the pitchers that people drink out of and/or they never clean the beer lines...place is a dump.

the mutiny is a great bar if you have no sense of smell and are caught up on all your immunization shots.

additionally if you drink, pay the extra money for the bottled beer rather than the mini pitchers, I know waaay too many people who've gotten food poisoning from their beer, because they either don't wash the pitchers that people drink out of and/or they never clean the beer lines...place is a dump.

When we played there it wasn't that bad. They had cleaned up a lot of the garbage that used to just kind of be sitting everywhere. It was far from "nice," but it made a bit of a step forward. That said, I wouldn't eat or drink anything from there.