Wants

tattoomike

I was debating about getting out of collecting and selling off all my multiples. I'm still not sold on doing that, but if you see something in my tradelist that I have multiples of and would like to trade that'd be great (my tradelist hasn't been updated in quite a while. I'll work on doing that on Monday). Otherwise I'm looking to buy these:

Slim Cessna's Auto Club - Cypher

Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Ave

Boss Hog - Boss Hog

Red City Radio - To The Sons & Daughters (gold)

Johnny Cash - American I - III (prefer 180 gram version)

Melvins/JSBX - Black Betty

Gaslight Anthem - 59 Sound (blue. Black will probably remain in print, so I won't pay ebay prices for this. Just thought I'd put out a feeler and see what people want for it.)

Melvins/JSBX is the Black Betty 7"

i would sell my 59 sound blue prob...

Yeah, I'm a ratard. I meant to type Jon Spencer as opposed to Ted Leo, but I had Ted Leo on the mind. And speaking of Mr Spencer, I have the white vinyl version of "Whiteout". It has the standard tracklisting and cover. I'm actually looking for the s/t album though.

And I couldn't trade the "Icky Thump Mono" straight up for the "59 Sound". Even at ebay prices there's a pretty significant difference in value. I am willing to trade it though.

Btw, I believe it was you that I talked to about the Brian Henneman 7" late in '09. Finally found me a copy on purple about 6 months ago.

oh i was just asking how that white stripes mono sounded compared to the normal one...not as a trade...

i was thinking later that it was actually the US whiteout in the red pressing that is white...and the UK pressing on black is the one w/ the different cover (fizzed out hair) and tracklisting. that is the one i had until i sold it.

i have an extra s/t but it is the one that was brand new from 95 that i went to play recently and the vinyl is all pockmocked up w/ some weird ass mfg error. you can have that one. haha.

cool you got the henneman. i am pretty off 7 inches and have been liquidating almost all of them, but that is one i'll be holding on to for a while.

Burntwolf - Aha, gotcha. I had listened to it when I first got it and prefered the original, so I never played it again. But that was on my old crappy Sony turntable plugged into a bookshelf stereo. Am listening to it as I type this on my Pro-Ject plugged into a vintage Marantz integrated amp with the mono switched on and it sounds great. Much cleaner sound than I remember the stereo being (though I'll have to listen to them back to back to confirm this). Am now rethinking the "I'm willing to trade" comment.

Sucks about the Boss Hog s/t. It'd be great if it were ever repressed, but I don't imagine there's a big enough market for that release to get it done. I've never seen that alternate cover, but I'm sure with Christina on it the hotness level is through the roof.

• 2 weeks later...