My Morning Jacket - Circuital Ltd. Green

Did anyone else get the Ltd. Green Deluxe Vinyl? Mine arrived yesterday and I'm playing it tonight, sounds awesome, cut at 45 RPM. Anyway, something's been driving me nuts since I opened it. There's a quote etched into the trail off wax on all four sides. It appears to be the same quote on all four sides but I can't, for the life of me, make out what the hell it says. It's freaking driving me crazy! The green vinyl is clear so the grooves on the opposite side make it impossible for me to make out. If the black standard vinyl also plays at 45RPM, not sure if it does, it may also have the same etching. Most probably don't give a shit, that's cool, someone might.

• 3 weeks later...

So after many emails sent to MMJ, ATO, Band Merch, and Top Spin regarding serious warpage of both vinyl discs, I received this overdue and very welcomed email today:

Dear Discerning Vinyl Consumer,

As you are no doubt already aware, the manufacture and distribution of high-quality phonograph records is a highly-nuanced and sometimes tricky business that is subject to any number of vicissitudes as the finely grooved discs travel along the path from their origin to you, the listener.

It has come to our attention that an unfortunately high percentage of folks who purchased the "Deluxe Box" edition of My Morning Jacket's Circuital discovered a most unfortunate condition of warpage on one or both of their green 12" LPs. That is why, in order to guarantee maximum value and listening pleasure, new pairs of brand-new, warp-free green LPs are being mailed out to all purchasers of the "Deluxe Box" free of charge. So watch your mailbox. And hold on to your gatefold sleeves and jackets, folks, you'll be needing those for your new discs.

We offer our sincerest apologies for this unfortunate circumstance, and we thank all of our partners in manufacturing and distribution for working hard to help us correct the situation. They all remain committed to delivering top-notch goods and we're glad for that.

We thank you for your patience and for giving us a chance to make things right. And enjoy the green LPs, we think they sound fantastic.

Sincerely, 

ATO Records

Thank you, ATO Records, for putting quality and your customers first! You guys rock!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...