Google Music / iTunes Match / Amazon Cloud

I received my Google Music invite last night and I'm really excited to use it!

Anyone else using it yet? I'm very impressed with it so far. It's very simple and smooth. My only major complaint is that it takes a long time to upload music. Only 1,800 songs so far and I started at 5pm on Thursday. I'm importing straight from iTunes and my playlists, playcounts, and ratings (thumbs up or down) have all been transferred as well.

The interface is really nice. It's clean and very fast, unlike a lot of desktop music players. I'm testing in Chrome btw. Another thing I don't like is that it seems to be uploading some low res artwork even though I have high quality artwork on almost everything in my iTunes library.

I haven't used Amazon's Cloud yet, but I've heard good things about that.

I'm also pretty excited about iTunes Match because it will mirror my library, which would take away from all this tedious uploading. I hope Comcast doesn't come knocking down my door because of all my data transferring!

If you use Last.FM and want to Scrobble your Google Music plays check out this script: http://www.danielslaughter.com/projects/google-music-with-lastfm/

I got an invite a few weeks ago to google music, but the idea that I couldn't re-download music from there after I upload it bummed me out. iTunes match seems a little better for me, depends on the interface. Amazon cloud seemed really clunky to me.

What I've been using for the past year is rdio.com. It's $5 a month, but you can listen practically anything, whether you own it or not.

My only major complaint is that it takes a long time to upload music.

This. I actually just canceled my uploading because it was effecting my Netflix streaming. I wish there was a way to pause the uploading so I can do it at night and stop when I'm using the internet.

On a Mac, you can just quit it by clicking the little headphones in your menu bar and hitting quit. You can resume it later in system preferences.

I joined a few days ago, been running it at night, and it's still got a way to go on my 20,000 songs. Not sure how often I'll even use it, but eh, what the hell.

amazon cloud did seem really clunky, never tried it. itunes match seems okay, but from what i gather you can't stream once you upload? it's just for backup purposes? (correct me if i'm wrong)

i got a google music invite last week and i was pretty excited, but like everyone said it takes fucking forever, on and off (mostly off, because it really clogs the tubes) it's been going for like 2 days and i'm only about 500 songs in. it will be worth it once it's all up there though, the interface and everything is real nice and it makes my ever-shrinking free space on my phone less stressful

I got my Google Music invite today. It's cool to have, but I don't have anything to use it for now. I'm going to get an Android phone soon, so then it'll be of use to me.