WTB The Jesus Lizard - Goat (1991)

mcpherson123

I'm definitely planning on gathering the reissue set but so far I've got every other original pressing (including Shot and Blue, minus Pure) and I just wanted to make them a happy OP family.

Christ, I'm gay. lol

Nah, I'm the same way.

I was going to try to get originals, but I ended up getting the entire set of reissues from a local store's closing sale.

Not a bad way to go about it. I'm sure those remasters are the shit considering Steve Albini did them. I doubt Capitol will ever reissue the last two records though.

Yeah, they did a great job. Loud and powerful, but not compressed or brickwalled.

I don't I've ever actually heard the two Capitol records... should I check them out?

Definitely! Shot is fucking great. Blue is also great. I think I might prefer Shot though there is nothing wrong with Blue which is the record I started with when I was getting in to them. They received criticism for going to Capitol and that the records on that label were maybe over-produced or even "poppy." There may be a few more layers to the songs on those records more frequently than before but its nothing they haven't done to some extent in the past. I feel they're just as worthy as the first four. I also like the more Patton-esque tone that Yow was injecting into some of his vocals more so in the last two records.

Here's a great performance of the first track on Shot:

Definitely! Shot is fucking great. Blue is also great. I think I might prefer Shot though there is nothing wrong with Blue which is the record I started with when I was getting in to them. They received criticism for going to Capitol and that the records on that label were maybe over-produced or even "poppy." There may be a few more layers to the songs on those records more frequently than before but its nothing they haven't done to some extent in the past. I feel they're just as worthy as the first four. I also like the more Patton-esque tone that Yow was injecting into some of his vocals more so in the last two records.

Here's a great performance of the first track on Shot:

Oh, cool. I'll have to check those out, then.