Strymon TimeLine Delay Pedal

http://store.strymon.net/products/TimeLine.html

So i've spent the last hour at work looking at videos of this thing. It might be the coolest delay pedal i've ever heard! I can't wait until this thing comes out. It's $450 but im wondering if the actual sale price will be less. I've never heard of Strymon effect, does anyone familiar with them?

I have a strymon el capistan echo unit, which is super fucking awesome. Really great tape echo digital pedal. Love all the details you can get with it.

I had the timeline delay. I bought it when it came out. Sooooo much you can do with it, but it can also be very, very overwhelming. I ended up selling it because it was too much and because someone offered more than i paid. I wish I spent more time with it before i sold it. I would get it again, but probably in a year or two, or when the hype dies down.

Right now i have the el cap, a boss rv-3 and dd-7 to hold over my delay needs.

yeah i have the dd-6 its great but would love something with alittle bit more. Ive always been a huge fan of delay pedals and would love to get this as well as the line 6 dl4 delay. Im also in need of a good reverb pedal, i use a cheap zoom pedal for reverb but it has a hum to it most of the time. Thinking about getting the Line 6 Verbzilla.

For what i have my tone is pretty solid always get complements on it. Les paul through a orange amp.

Guest markovianprocess
I didn't really read anything up on this but whats the big deal about it? Why is it almost $500?

I own a DL4 and thoroughly I enjoy it.

It looks worth the money to me.

http://store.strymon.net/products/TimeLine.html

So i've spent the last hour at work looking at videos of this thing. It might be the coolest delay pedal i've ever heard! I can't wait until this thing comes out. It's $450 but im wondering if the actual sale price will be less. I've never heard of Strymon effect, does anyone familiar with them?

I don't think you're going to get a sale price from them my guess is its going to stay at $449. Plus I dont believe they sell their pedals anywhere else other than their online store.

• 1 year later...

I dunno, but $450 is what I paid for a 4 x 10 + 1 x 15 Peavey tube amp. This seems ridiculously expensive and only for professional musicians I guess.

Yeah that Timeline is costly at $450, but the El Capistan is only $300 and I just sold my copy of Deja for about that, haha.

Also, huzzah quotes are working again!

i got the blue sky reverb a couple years ago and a timline last summer.

the blue sky is the best reverb pedal i've ever used. only thing that'll beat it is the eventide space, and that's a lot more cheese.

the timeline is pretty comparable to the eventide timefactor. similar features/interface etc. only complaint about the timeline are the type of push-pots they used for the function knobs. pretty flimsy. either way, the sound is what matters, and it's amazing. if i didn't sell my DL4 years ago, i'd have just thrown it in the garbage after hearing the timeline. the el capistan setting on the timeline is very enjoyable.

recommend them highly.

Pretty cool unit. Probably a bit much for me, but I can see the appeal.

I use a Roland RE-150 Space Echo, Boss RE-20 Space Echo, and Ibanez AD-9 to get my delay fix nowadays. I used to have the Line 6 Echo Pro and Echo Park, but decided to part with them once I decided to go tape and analog. The RE-20 is my compromise with digital haha.