Discogs seller doing shady things?

The second time in a week, I got an email with one of my wants coming up for sale, I purchase it and I get an email saying that its already sold. Both records were way below what they should go for. My thinking is someone sent them an email with an offer for more money. Shit aint right, your thoughts?

That being said anyone have copies for sale of Quicksand Manic Compression on White, or TITR's Do you know who you are on White?

It might not necessarily be shady. i've done this several times when i've listed a record on multiple sites (here, eBay, Discogs, Amazon). If it sells on one and someone tries to buy the same record on another site before i can delete the listing, i'll e-mail the seller and tell him/her. Maybe that is what happened here?

It might not necessarily be shady. i've done this several times when i've listed a record on multiple sites (here, eBay, Discogs, Amazon). If it sells on one and someone tries to buy the same record on another site before i can delete the listing, i'll e-mail the seller and tell him/her. Maybe that is what happened here?

This is really common...alot of people list on numerous sites and this happens more than you would think...

Id be fine with that, but the excuse I got both times, from two different sellers was "Oh sorry, I didnt have the White copy, it was the black vinyl" Im pretty sure most people can tell the difference between the two colors.

Being that these are two of my biggest wants, I have alerts set up for ebay, discogs, gemm etc. If it went up on there, I would have been notified.

If it was someone offering more money, I would have liked the opportunity to match the offer.

Sorry Im just bummed at what i thought was going to be me waiting for the mail everyday next week and getting two major pieces of my collection for a good price.

Guest deathbydrums

That's a bunch of wet poop, in my opinion. If the seller has only 1 item to sell, they should take it down from one site when they list it elsewhere.

FYI, Discogs seller agreement #1: Items you list for sale are available for immediate purchase at the listed price. This may or may not conflict with seller agreement #3: The price of your listed items must be equal to or less than your pricing on other sites. Do they mean the exact same items? or different copies of the same item? Perhaps #1 trumps #3, in which case you may want to chastise the seller with threats, abuse or negative feedback.

You'll still have no record and cry tears at night tho. :(

How do you set up alerts on discogs?

When an item in your want list goes up for sale, you get an e-mail. This started happening automatically for me way back when I made my account but you may have to manually set it in your account settings. I have got some amazing deals this way.

I agree with the whole I have one copy and Im putting in up for sale at 85265248595 different places, dudes shoudnt do that shit. If you want the highest price for your shit go to ebay, if you want to sell things for a decent price quickly put it on discogs.

The seller of Quicksands Maic compression had this to say.

My apologies, I sent the wrong one when I sold my black one, I don't know how I did that, refunding your money now and again my deepest apologies for this error on my part.

Cheers,

Aaron

So someone got a White vinyl copy for the price of a black one, or paid way too much for a black copy. He was selling the white for $100.