VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

honestly, im A-OK with ziggler being used as a rag doll on a weekly basis. maybe with enough screen time, more people will learn how to SELL. dude takes even the most mundane of moves, and turns them into pure devastation. for example...[image]

i agree with a lot of you guys; last night's Raw was good until we got to Taker/HBK and the Rock. Even though i wasn't watching wrestling when he had the gimmick, i marked for "Thuganomics" Cena. Of course, i always think of his battle rap with Kurt Angle when i see that version of Cena, but i thought he did a great job last night.

Loved the Jericho promo, too. At first, i couldn't believe they went to something so personal, but it should definitely add more heat to the feud apart from just being about the belt and who is the "best in the world." i also dug the Punk/Miz match, and the ending was done pretty well.

Didn't watch the Rock's concert. After he sang the first two lines, i knew it would be dumb.

so im watching last years undertaker triple h match right now. theyre still in entrance mode, and i already cannot wait for april 1st.

regardless of card, there's always just so much electricity surrounding WrestleMania. even if the story falls short in spots, everything is still going to be dressed up to the T, and it's still the one night of the year that they dont really have a choice but to give it as much as they possibly can.

the fact that things have been on a general upswing for the last few weeks just makes it even more exciting.

i know the three guys in the ring for the streak are old, and certainly dont have it the way they used to. and that every time they come out to cut a promo its like pulling teeth. but as im watching a match from just one year ago, im watching these two throw open hand punches with believable momentum. triple h being hip-tossed off the announce table and the ensuing 9 or 10 foot fall on his back. and taker swanton flipping out of the ring, and landing on his neck.

and this match isnt even half over. and as i write that, triple h sends taker through the announce table with a spinebuster.

jr is currently questioning the streak, and it made me realize that nothing could possibly piss me off more than 19-1.

april 1 needs to come quickly.

i agree, Ry. Even though the build for Taker/Trips is not what i want it to be and pretty uninteresting, and even though i didn't want to see the match in the first place, i know both men will bring it and put on a good show. The Cell stipulation just adds so much more to it, as well. i am actually excited about it. i just wish they would shut up about it; i'm already sold on the match.

when i said the match wasnt even half over, i was right, but only according to the length of my avi file.

unfortunately, just about everything after that point played out slowly and dramatically. hey, that sounds familiar..

"i'm already sold on this match."

thats exactly what i thought during triple h's for whom the bell tolls entrance. i dont need weekly reminders of the match where no one actually says anything for 15 minutes.

I have no idea why Randy Orton was on my TV last night, or why Jack Swagger got the jobber entrance. Seriously, Randy cannot sell to save his life. He's attempting to show the fans that he's paranoid of Kane, but forgets about it half-way through the match.

Then, Swagger starts to work over the left leg for 5 minutes. After those 5 minutes are up, Orton returns to not selling the leg, and walks away after the match like nothing happened. Kane deserves better for Wrestlemania.

All that being said, I too am hyped for Taker/Trips HIAC. The constant video packages are starting to wear on me though. I don't need a FULL recap of last week, heck, I don't need a semi-full recap of what happened an hour ago. /rant

I was in attendance last night for Raw, and it was really fun for the most part.

The pre-Raw matches were:

Michael McGillicutty vs. some dude who I can't remember (dark match) — the other dude won, I think (sorry, we were still finding our seats during this)

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins (Superstars) — Kofi and Truth won

Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix (Superstars) — Beth won

Cena's promo was legit, and turned the crowd response from boos to cheers pretty quick.

I can't believe how over Sheamus is with the crowd. There's pretty much no way he's not winning at Mania. The live audience didn't get to see Daniel Bryan in the skybox, though, so we were all wondering where the fuck he was. (My fiancee even made a sign that said "BOO THIS VEGAN" and got bummed she couldn't hold it up.)

SOOOO STOKED that the Funkasaurus was there! They announced him in the arena first as a tease (like, "coming up next—the Funkasaurus!") and the place EXPLODED. We even had a solid "FUNK-A-SAUR-US" chant going through most of the commercial break.

HBK had an enormous pop. Taker should just stop cutting promos altogether. Can't wait to see you wrestle on April 21st, dude! You know, three weeks after WrestleMania.

The Punk/Jericho promo was super-uncomfortable to witness in person. I know it wasn't a shoot (if you see it on TV, you're supposed to be seeing it), but man, that felt super-personal and kind of a low blow.

Post-the Rock concert (which was fucking AWFUL—could you tell on TV that Rocky was reading everything from a piece of paper on a music stand, and that he couldn't even follow along with the words on the TitanTron?), Rocky sang "Happy Birthday" to some girl in the audience, then the dark match main event was Cena vs. Kane. We bailed mid-match to beat the traffic.

Did anyone happen to see my sign? It said "LESS TRENDING MORE WRESTLING." (I thought it was clever, at least.)

honestly, im A-OK with ziggler being used as a rag doll on a weekly basis. maybe with enough screen time, more people will learn how to SELL. dude takes even the most mundane of moves, and turns them into pure devastation. for example...[image]

You're actually going to use something Ziggler did in a match that involved Santino and say he "over sold" a move. Ummm yeah.

Ziggler is one of the best in ring performers the WWE has today. Until Jericho showed up he was being allowed to show this. Hopefully once Jericho is gone (shortly after Mania) they'll swing Ziggler back into the title picture.

He didn't say Ziggler "over-sold;" he was saying Ziggler is an example of how to sell correctly. See his Brogue Kick of doom last night; i thought he was dead. Looked so nasty.

He didn't say Ziggler "over-sold;" he was saying Ziggler is an example of how to sell correctly. See his Brogue Kick of doom last night; i thought he was dead. Looked so nasty.

in the live chat i was in, just about everyone had a towel ready for the impending brogue kick/pant peeing the moment the match was announced.

the point was received, but just to reiterate... HIS ENTIRE ELIMINATIONCCHAMBER PERFORMANCE BYGAWD

As much as I hate Randy Orton, he deserves to be in a better match then him v. Kane at Mania. He's probably the companies #2 guy right now and they're putting him in a match with a guy who is past his expiry date and has become nothing more than a jobber.

i just wish they would explain why Kane is going after Orton. There's been about two sentences spoken between the two, which is fine since Randy's speaking has always been his weakness, but some background would be great, even if Kane just carries the speaking portion of the feud. i'm sure they'll put on a good match though, perhaps as Kane's last 'Mania appearance.

Anyone else ever have the urge to kneel down, check your watch, and yell "It's clobberin' time!" a la CM Punk before going into work and banging out 8 hours of quality work? Just me?

As much as I hate Randy Orton, he deserves to be in a better match then him v. Kane at Mania. He's probably the companies #2 guy right now and they're putting him in a match with a guy who is past his expiry date and has become nothing more than a jobber.

i just wish they would explain why Kane is going after Orton. There's been about two sentences spoken between the two, which is fine since Randy's speaking has always been his weakness, but some background would be great, even if Kane just carries the speaking portion of the feud. i'm sure they'll put on a good match though, perhaps as Kane's last 'Mania appearance.

maybe theyre aware of how little fucking sense it makes.

2 months of : im gonna make you learn how to hate, cena!

followed by: im going after the other, potentially more sadistic guy around here!

followed by: im going after the other, potentially more sadistic guy around here!

After reading this week's Smackdown spoilers, it appears that they explain why Kane is going after Orton. So i guess that's good.

After reading this week's Smackdown spoilers, it appears that they explain why Kane is going after Orton. So i guess that's good.

It better be good. Did you see the match listing for Smackdown this week? Looks like an episode of Superstars.

I like how they had Shaemous wrestle Ziggler on Raw and now Jericho on Smackdown. They're really trying to push him as a legit talent who can actually wrestle, so they need him to wrestle guys who can make him look good.

I'm still convinced Shaemous is going to give a guy a career ending injury sooner or later. He's so sloppy in the ring.

I was surprised (especially Crime) no one mentioned that the Jericho promo on Punk was esentially taken from ROH. Punk cut that promo on Raven saying that is the reason he hates Raven because Raven had it all and pissed it all away like his dad did. Im totally cool with them lifting it though as it makes the feud more personal and I feel that Punk is at his best when he is defending something he stands up for instead of stupid stuff like hating Bryan now cause he is a vegan.

Also Scott, I cant remember where I saw it, but I saw a screen cap of your sign a few days ago, I didnt realize it was you, but someone else was pretty impressed with it as well.

Edit: found it here http://hammerlockdialectic.tumblr.com/post/19236575529/wwe-raw-march-12-2012-gifs-and-screen-caps

its third from the bottom, its got the sign and you cheering on it looks like. Cant believe I didnt recognize you in there.

I was surprised (especially Crime) no one mentioned that the Jericho promo on Punk was esentially taken from ROH. Punk cut that promo on Raven saying that is the reason he hates Raven because Raven had it all and pissed it all away like his dad did. Im totally cool with them lifting it though as it makes the feud more personal and I feel that Punk is at his best when he is defending something he stands up for instead of stupid stuff like hating Bryan now cause he is a vegan.

i read it elsewhere.. just didnt think to mention it here i guess.

the vegan hating thing was stupid only because it was so contradictory "im straight edge, but i never tried to be a role model because of it!" said the guy who started the straight edge society and shaved some broad's head.