Forge Again 2007 Holiday Sale - CHEAP stuff, PPD

forgeagain

I don't think it'd fit on a 10".

United has a deal for 400 10" records for $1000. Press it. Start a label. Go nuts.

How much music can a 10" hold, anyway? I know that EP is a shade over 30 minutes, but if you cut the second track (which isn't even a song), that would trim it up.

The front page of http://aardvarkmastering.com/ has all of the information you are looking for. The times aren't exact, as obviously you could go a little higher or lower depending on who is doing the mastering, but they're a good general guideline as to what LPs can hold. I've gone over 20 on an LP twice...once on one side of the Temper Temper LP (which I think is BARELY over 20) and then again on the Dakota/Dakota Shoot in the Dark+ LP.

Yes, you could put 16 minutes on each side of a 33 RPM 10" but it'll sound crappy. 16 minutes on the side of a 12" LP would sound great. Also, try telling the band that they have to cut some of the "music" from a record. The only time I've ever successfully done so was for the [potential] Fordirelifesake "Dance.Pretend.Forget.Defend" LP. They agreed that we had to cut that joke hidden track off of the end. I think most of the band hated it anyway.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to start a record label, I'm sure Rescue would love for ALL of their stuff to be pressed on vinyl. Or, if anyone wants to pre-order one copy of each release for $2000, I'll gladly press all of it! Hey, I'll throw in a test pressing too!

If I'm ever incredibly rich, I plan on releasing everything I've ever done on single sided 13" picture discs with triple gatefold covers made of silk and encrusted in conflict diamonds.