Headphones: IEMs, canalbuds... What to get?

So I'm looking into getting a decent pair of In-ear headphones. I've become entirely overwhelmed with internet research, and wanted to appeal to some of you for your input. I want a fun headphone that maintains integrity of the music. I guess I'm looking in the ~$100 price range, since I figure anything more won't really make a difference with digital music, and anything way lower I may as well get at the grocery store. I've heard a lot of good things about the Dre Beats from Monster, but they seem a bit expensive for their build and sound quality (per reviews and http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-205-iems-compared-j-phonic-k2-sp-added-11-13-11#post_6492048).

Meelectronics, Denon, Nuforce, Thinksound seem to be the worthy competitors, but I don't know what to go with. For something that 100% boils down to personal preference, the market seems way too flooded for me to make an informed decision.

What do you guys use? What do you listen to? How is the quality and sound?

Thanks for the input!

I mostly use full-sized headphones, because basically IEMs irritate me. They either sit there too loosely and I can never place them identically for each ear, or they sit well, but feel like I have this almost painful pressure inside my head. However, from the few I did try out, the thread you linked is THE ultimate guide to buying earphones. Obviously people have different preferences and you shouldn't take it to the extent of choosing one headphone over the other because it was scored .1 better, but generally that list can give you some clues as to what are the best price/performance models out there.

I was really bummed I missed the black friday deal for Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 ($99, they retail for $399). You should keep an eye out in the "for sale" section of head-fi, there are bound to be a few up there for a similar price in the following weeks - I imagine many headfi-ers bought a pair just because they were cheap. I'm guessing you really can't go wrong with these for $100.