Kickstarter: Graveface Recs / William Schaff art

Graveface Records just put up their first Kickstarter, an art book which features the art of William Schaff and a 10" featuring the music of Jason Molina.

Kickstarter Description

William Schaff is an artist living in Warren, RI. He's responsible for many a piece of fine art, including album covers from some of the top indie bands you know and love.

I am a fella who runs a small recording label and record store in Savannah, GA., Graveface Records.

For 5 years I have been trying to find an extra $15,000 to put out a high quality, fine art book that collects the artwork William Schaff has done for bands and musicians over the years. Every time it looks like I have the money, something comes up. Thanks to the wonders of you and Kickstarter, this might actually happen now. The idea is simple; make a beautiful 11x11 hardcover art book of at least 60 pages featuring Schaff's music related artwork from childhood until now.

An introduction by John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats and intros to different sections by such notables as Will Sheff of Okkervil River and Darren Jackson of Kid Dakota help describe how these images came into existence. But wait, music fans...there's more! The icing on the cake is the 10" that Jason Molina [songs] recorded specifically for this project a few years back. These songs have never been released on anything else! They're incredible, and it's been quite difficult not letting anyone hear them for so long.

Example Rewards

Pledge $20 or more

Graveface's first flexi vinyl release - only available here! This will never be available for purchase anywhere. It's of our new girl-group, The Casket Girls (picture The Shangri-Las but incredibly depressed). The flexi comes as a postcard and features the art of William Schaff. Additionally you'll receive a download code of The Casket Girls single, a zip file of the Jason Molina 10", a PDF of William Schaff's book and a Graveface sampler of old/new/rare/unheard stuff.

Pledge $35 or more

Receive the new DREAMEND album, 'And the Tears Washed Me, Wave After Wave' on animated picture disc featuring the artwork of William Schaff (Kickstarter copies hand-numbered). Also comes with a download code of the album, a zip file of the Jason Molina 10", a PDF of William Schaff's book, a Graveface sampler of old/new/rare/unheard stuff and The Casket Girls flexi postcard single featuring the art of William Schaff.

Pledge $60 or more

THE ACTUAL BOOK AND THE MOLINA 10". That's right folks - it's like assuring you get what will ultimately be a limited run of this book. All copies pre-ordered on Kickstarter will be hand-numbered and the 10" comes on an exclusive color vinyl (retail copies different color). Also comes with the zip/PDF and the flexi single. (we'll pimp your name on a supporters page within the book as well...if you want that sort of recognition!)

There is some good stuff in there and Graveface has always put out awesome stuff for fair prices. On the page Ryan describes exactly what the pledge money will be going to.

Goal: $14,040 by Wednesday Jan 11, 2:16am EST.

Check out the Kickstarter if you're interested.

http://kck.st/uvfoUo

• 3 weeks later...