THE DFA Thread (Previously Rapture Sail Away PO)

Looks like the SOS White Label is hand-stamped and will be individually numbered /200.

Badass.

http://shop.dfarecords.com/product/lcd-soundsystem-sound-of-silver-hand-stamped-2xlp

besides rarity, is there a reason to pick this up if you already own the original release?

I guess not? Pretty sure it wont sound any different since I believe these are considered the test pressings of the regular release. Personally, I prefer these to the regular release anyways, so I'm def trying to get one.

besides rarity, is there a reason to pick this up if you already own the original release?

I guess not? Pretty sure it wont sound any different since I believe these are considered the test pressings of the regular release. Personally, I prefer these to the regular release anyways, so I'm def trying to get one.

Though I did get both the regular and white label versions of the Hot Chip 12" and it seemed like the white label was a heavier vinyl weight. Though I assume the regular version of SOS is 180g

Though I did get both the regular and white label versions of the Hot Chip 12" and it seemed like the white label was a heavier vinyl weight. Though I assume the regular version of SOS is 180g

The regular press of Sound of Silver isn't 180g. Plus it's already a 2xLP, so this white label won't necessarily sound any better (unlike the self-titled white label that was pressed as a 2xLP while the regular press is one LP).

Sort of a bummer. I wanted to get this, but I just can't pay that price for a record I already own, even though it's probably a fair price considering the rarity, cool stamping, and how many people that will still buy it.

Now that wouldnt be fair...

I know I was kiddin I would bet #1 goes to James anyway

Yeah, the DFA crew should get first grabs at the high numbers if they want em. Ill just be happy to be able to snag one of them tomorrow. If they do end up giving out the really low numbers it nice to at least have a 1/175 chance of some fan winning the lotto! I will say its great that theyre offering hand-numbered copies. Adds a nice touch to an already killer release!

man, I am not looking forward to packing 200 LCD records tomorrow. at least we pre-boxed all of the mugs for our convenience.

I can imagine. Id bet the shipping labels can be a huge pain in the ass. How many people you got helping out over there? You gotta pack And ship everything you sold today too? At least youll be able to order a fancy lunch with some of the profits.

Just snagged the 45:33 White Label along with the Hot Chip and Shit Robot White Labels and the Sail Away 12" I've been meaning to get.

Can't wait until tommorow!

Dont know if youre a Holy Ghost! Fan but that "Its Not Over" 12" remix is stellar as well. Ordered a Shit Robot White Label today too.

Just snagged the 45:33 White Label along with the Hot Chip and Shit Robot White Labels and the Sail Away 12" I've been meaning to get.

Can't wait until tommorow!

Dont know if youre a Holy Ghost! Fan but that "Its Not Over" 12" remix is stellar as well. Ordered a Shit Robot White Label today too.

Big Holy Ghost! Fan.

Thanks for the recommendation, I may pick it up tomorrow as well.

man, I am not looking forward to packing 200 LCD records tomorrow. at least we pre-boxed all of the mugs for our convenience.

I can imagine. Id bet the shipping labels can be a huge pain in the ass. How many people you got helping out over there? You gotta pack And ship everything you sold today too? At least youll be able to order a fancy lunch with some of the profits.

The day-to-day staff of the label is myself, label founder Jonathan Galkin, and we also have two lovely interns (Adam and Kerry) a couple days a week each. So, it's generally me + 1 doing all of the shipping/etc.

I haven't been updating the store much lately because in addition to the store, I also deal with all of the other stuff an assistant label manager has to deal with - getting records into production, chasing down remix contracts, getting stuff submitted digitally - but hopefully I'm over the hump and can take the next few weeks to continue to clear out our closets!