Seattle Record Stores

regan138

Easy Street - Two locations. Good selection of new stuff and all genres. Doesn't really cater to any specific niche. Great store, in my opinion, the best all around record store in the city.

Silver Platters - I don't really hit Silver Platters up too much so I can't say, it's been years. I didn't realize they carried much vinyl to be honest.

Zions Gate - Purely metal and reggae. Not much else but if you are into either of those, this is your spot. Though I find it to be pretty over priced but you can't beat their selection when it comes to metal.

Sonic Boom - Can't stand Sonic Boom but if indie rock/KEXP/pitchfork flavor of the day crap is your thing this is your place. I think they are down to just one location now.

Jive Time - Used records and very hit and miss but if you are looking for older stuff, great place. Definitely a good place to just browse but I don't find that I get a whole lot when I go.

Everyday Music - Pretty good all around vinyl selection. New and used, all genres.

Porchlight Coffee/Records - Great spot. Small selecion of new and used records, mostly newer punkish stuff. Good dude, good place. You can also drink coffee or beers while browsing through records.

Singles Going Steady - THE punk rock record store. Used to be able to boast that it was about the best in the nation. Don't know if that's the case any longer but it's still great. If you're into punk, this is your spot.