Cursive - Disruption 7" Pressing Info

impact

So, I'm curious of anyone has some accurate pressing information for this.

I know the 1st pressing had these two covers:

[image]

[image]

the 2nd pressing has the "conor"" cover. This was when Lumberjack officially became Saddle Creek.

[image]

My questions are, were there any other 1st pressing variants in the cover or vinyl? Were all 1st pressings on Gold vinyl?

I think this is the only Cursive release I don't have. Seen a million on ebay but always miss out (too expensive or I just forget). If anyone's looking to sell a copy, I'd be very interested.

And about the pressing info, I know nothing official, but the ones you posted are the only ones I've ever seen.

I think this is the only Cursive release I don't have. Seen a million on ebay but always miss out (too expensive or I just forget). If anyone's looking to sell a copy, I'd be very interested.

And about the pressing info, I know nothing official, but the ones you posted are the only ones I've ever seen.

last i checked (maybe a week ago) there were several on discogs going around $30-$50.

Okay, I got some info on this. I'm waiting for a bit of clarification, so this isn't 100% certain yet. Mainly I'm not sure yet if the white and yellow covers were two separate pressings, or just variations within the same pressing. Waiting to hear back and I'll post again when I do. But we're pretty sure there were 200 white covers and 300 yellow covers, all on clear yellow vinyl.... just not sure if they were issued at different times.

Source: I work for the label.

(1st pressing on Lumberjack)

WHITE xeroxed cover

not sure of date

edition of 200

clear yellow vinyl

(2nd pressing? on Lumberjack)

YELLOW xeroxed cover

not sure of date

edition of 300

clear yellow vinyl

(3rd pressing on Saddle Creek)

Conor in mask photo cover

10/28/97

edition of 1000

black vinyl

pressed at United

jackets at Dorado

EDITED TO ADD: I'm trying to get my hands on a yellow cover copy to compare with my white one. I'm 99% sure the run-off inscriptions and labels will be totally identical, as they wouldn't have made new lacquers or stampers even if they were pressed separately in quantities of 200 and 300.

So even if the white and yellow cover versions were pressed separately, they would be indistinguishable except for the covers. I would be wary about paying more for the white one. Not that anyone would be so dishonest as to photocopy their own white cover, of course....

i was sure mr. grief would swoop in and save the day.

Ha. Thanks dudes.

A Saddle Creek pressing database has been on my to-do list for a few years. It just never seems to slow down enough to tackle it. I'm going to do it for sure though, hopefully when the current round of upcoming releases is done. The bad news is that some of the really old info has gone missing... old invoices got lost, etc. But there is still a lot in the files, and the bands can sometimes remember what was pressed. I'm thinking that even an incomplete database would be better than nothing.

There have been variations on some records, like Ugly Organ or Rilo Kiley's Execution that aren't documented on discogs. I'd like to get all that sorted out, in addition to finding pressing quantities for old titles.

Based on that info, I'm guessing that there were only two pressings, yellow and black, with the first pressing having two cover variants. It wouldn't make sense to press 200 records then 300 records right after that.

That's possible (one pressing on yellow with two xeroxed covers, and one on black with the conor/mask cover). Matt Maginn made it sound like there were two pressings with the xeroxed cover though, just waiting to hear back from him. Things were weird back then... sometimes we'll think "there's no way that's what happened" and then find out it was.

I agree, that seems unlikely though.

Here's what Matt said:

"I believe the first pressings were done by Clint and I and I think we did 500 total. 200 in white sleeves and 300 in yellow sleeves. Not sure why it happened that way. Other then we did white first to be cheap and then realized we could do colored paper so switched to that for the next 300? I think it was possibly all yellow or might be the first batch was black."

I read that to mean that there were two distinct batches/pressings, where the first could have been black. (I think all xeroxed covers were clear yellow, though). Maybe I'm misreading him.

I'll let you know what he says.

Ha. Thanks dudes.

A Saddle Creek pressing database has been on my to-do list for a few years. It just never seems to slow down enough to tackle it. I'm going to do it for sure though, hopefully when the current round of upcoming releases is done. The bad news is that some of the really old info has gone missing... old invoices got lost, etc. But there is still a lot in the files, and the bands can sometimes remember what was pressed. I'm thinking that even an incomplete database would be better than nothing.

There have been variations on some records, like Ugly Organ or Rilo Kiley's Execution that aren't documented on discogs. I'd like to get all that sorted out, in addition to finding pressing quantities for old titles.

I'm actually curious about the Ugly Organ differences when you get around to it.

I'm actually curious about the Ugly Organ differences when you get around to it.

That's high on my list to figure out, but it's also one of the more complicated ones. As far as Discogs is concerned, I never know how to handle splitting out more than one version from a single listing. You're going to end up leaving a lot of people listed as owning a version that they don't. Same with Rilo Kiley.

That's high on my list to figure out, but it's also one of the more complicated ones. As far as Discogs is concerned, I never know how to handle splitting out more than one version from a single listing. You're going to end up leaving a lot of people listed as owning a version that they don't. Same with Rilo Kiley.

Yeah I figured. I got a first press green long ago, and have no idea if its any different from the new press. Not like its a big deal - just curious.

Yeah I figured. I got a first press green long ago, and have no idea if its any different from the new press. Not like its a big deal - just curious.

Is your green on standard weight vinyl or 180? Standard weight green was first, then 180 green.

Okay, heard back from Matt. He clarified that the white and yellow cover versions WERE pressed at the same time. Just different covers. He wasn't 100% sure on the total quantity. It was either 100 white/200 yellow or 200 white/300 yellow.

I'll try to do some more digging to make sure about the quantity, but I think it was 500 total. All one pressing though for the photocopied covers on Lumberjack. The Conor photo cover on Saddle Creek is the 2nd and final pressing.