Question about Discogs

Hey,

If anybody can help me figure this out. I recently started using Discogs and I'm selling some stuff through it. For some reason when people check out to buy something from me, it automatically adds shipping costs on top of the shipping that I calculate for them. Basically, it's charging them twice. For domestic orders it's not as big of a deal because I can just omit my end of the shipping adding, but for international orders it's a little tricky.

Does anybody know where I go on the site to turn off the auto shipping costs that it is adding?

Thanks!

Alex

Hey,

If anybody can help me figure this out. I recently started using Discogs and I'm selling some stuff through it. For some reason when people check out to buy something from me, it automatically adds shipping costs on top of the shipping that I calculate for them. Basically, it's charging them twice. For domestic orders it's not as big of a deal because I can just omit my end of the shipping adding, but for international orders it's a little tricky.

Does anybody know where I go on the site to turn off the auto shipping costs that it is adding?

Thanks!

Alex

I haven't sold on Discogs but I buy on there rather frequently. Every Discogs invoice sent to me had the double shipping problem. The Discogs invoice system is pretty new so I guess they're still working on a few bugs. This is what I was told by another user so I'm not sure if it's 100% right. You can still just send your own invoice via PayPal.

Hi Alex,

I'm almost 100% certain as to the cause your issue.

Your current distro setup (on your website) has paypal doing the shipping calculations for you. WHen discogs sends its amount over, it handles it the same way and adds the additional shipping.

If you trust the way you have your paypal shipping calc set up, you can just leave the discogs shipping field empty, and make a note that shipping will be calculated by paypal.

I had this problem before I moved over to a new cart system.

Hope this helps!