PO: Brendan Kelly and the Wandering Birds CD/LP

record store got this in today, sounds great. i like that the packaging is recycled! out of curiosity, does any less money go to you/the artist if i get a record store to order it for me rather than get it from interpunk or shopradiocast, etc? from the artist's perspective is one better?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

record store got this in today, sounds great. i like that the packaging is recycled! out of curiosity, does any less money go to you/the artist if i get a record store to order it for me rather than get it from interpunk or shopradiocast, etc? from the artist's perspective is one better?

Ooof. Tricky question. Made even trickier because this is the one time Fat Wreck helped us with distro on something. Reason being is that my distros (yes, plural) have a habit of selling out shit and never paying us for the product we send them. It's actually THE main reason we don't do too much vinyl: so expensive and we end up getting stiffed. As to why is a long story, but this latest round was due to a guy who ran ILC developing an Oxycontin addiction. Rad, huh?

Fat will obviously pay us for any sales as they have a sterling rep, so buy it from who ever. I gotta say that without Interpunk Red Scare would've been dead a long, long time ago. So those guys deserve all the business in the world.

As for the best way to support artists/labels with your dollars...hate to say it...iTunes!

By the way, thanks for asking. I don't expect people to give a shit about this stuff, but I do appreciate the sentiment. Hopefully the day will come when we have an honest, stable distro and we can line your dreams with LPs.

Ooof. Tricky question. Made even trickier because this is the one time Fat Wreck helped us with distro on something. Reason being is that my distros (yes, plural) have a habit of selling out shit and never paying us for the product we send them. It's actually THE main reason we don't do too much vinyl: so expensive and we end up getting stiffed. As to why is a long story, but this latest round was due to a guy who ran ILC developing an Oxycontin addiction. Rad, huh?

Fat will obviously pay us for any sales as they have a sterling rep, so buy it from who ever. I gotta say that without Interpunk Red Scare would've been dead a long, long time ago. So those guys deserve all the business in the world.

As for the best way to support artists/labels with your dollars...hate to say it...iTunes!

By the way, thanks for asking. I don't expect people to give a shit about this stuff, but I do appreciate the sentiment. Hopefully the day will come when we have an honest, stable distro and we can line your dreams with LPs.

Nice to finally hear an explanation for the lack of LPs.

Just a thought -- Since your relationship with Fat is so strong, team up and do a "Colored Repress" of Death by Television through their mailorder, even though it is not a Fat release. Would probably sell 1000 copies in a couple days.

Nice to finally hear an explanation for the lack of LPs.

Just a thought -- Since your relationship with Fat is so strong, team up and do a "Colored Repress" of Death by Television through their mailorder, even though it is not a Fat release. Would probably sell 1000 copies in a couple days.

DBTV LP is definitely imminent. Word!

• 6 months later...