Repairing plastic record sleeves?

This is probably a rediculous question, but just wondering if there's anyway it can be done. I've recently bought some picture disks, and one of them has come with a split in the plastic sleeve. They were pretty cheap so I'm not gonna take it up with the seller, but was wondering of the split could be fixed? Seeing as it's plastic, common sense would tell me that applying some heat would bind the two halves together. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck doing something similar?

If you're talking about the thicker plastic sleeves that picture discs come in, they do always get torn as mentioned. Nothing you can do to stop that really. However, I then put the pic disc and that sleeve inside another regular plastic sleeve (the reg thin LP ones). Protects the record more.

Also you could try tape as mentioned. I wouldn't bother binding them together with heat again as they'll break again eventually anyway.

lol... just buy new sleeves?

They have the original stickers on them so would like the keep the originals if possible.

I like to keep marketing/etc stickers with my records too, and I often have the same issue when an album is gatefold (because you can't open it without removing the plastic).

I've taken to the method where you use a box cutter and cut out the sticker from the plastic (leaving a small amount of plastic around the outside of it so there's nothing sticky on the back) and then slipping it into a nice heavy outersleeve along with the record. Static generally keeps the "sticker" affixed to the record jacket or else just be careful when you remove it from the outer so you don't lose it.

and yes, all my records have outers... they are crucial. i always order these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RA7IZS/ref=oh_o05_s00_i00_details

In reference to the stickers on the plastic, I've had good luck with peeling them off the plastic shrink and then sticking them on the inside of the LP jacket... specifically the hole the record goes in and out of. I like keeping all that crap along with the record.. I usually put it toward the end so I see it every time I remove the record. I also keep all ticket stubs, stickers, etc if I get them from a show.