For Sale: Marantz 2230 Receiver

jon720

ive got a marantz 2230 and love it. only thing is that it crackles when i adjust the volume. i think i have to open it up and clean off the connections inside the knobs. i didnt know these were coveted receivers. makes me feel better about my setup
they're not as good as a standalone amp but for the money they're great. pretty hard to beat the sound, build quality and looks (subjective) at this price point.

ive got a marantz 2230 and love it. only thing is that it crackles when i adjust the volume. i think i have to open it up and clean off the connections inside the knobs. i didnt know these were coveted receivers. makes me feel better about my setup[/quote

thats the only flaw with marantz, i'm pretty sure every single one ever, crackles when you adjust the volume.

ive got a marantz 2230 and love it. only thing is that it crackles when i adjust the volume. i think i have to open it up and clean off the connections inside the knobs. i didnt know these were coveted receivers. makes me feel better about my setup
they're not as good as a standalone amp but for the money they're great. pretty hard to beat the sound, build quality and looks (subjective) at this price point.

you mean an amp that requires a preamp? interesting.

well, considering i got the marantz for free from my father [along with his turntable] i figure ill stick with it until it completely craps out.

thanks for the info

author=salparadise board=sale thread=1199939434 post=1199982227]
ive got a marantz 2230 and love it. only thing is that it crackles when i adjust the volume. i think i have to open it up and clean off the connections inside the knobs. i didnt know these were coveted receivers. makes me feel better about my setup[/quote

thats the only flaw with marantz, i'm pretty sure every single one ever, crackles when you adjust the volume.

well, i suppose in a small way its good that im not alone with my problem. do you think it can be helped by cleaning the contacts?

well, considering i got the marantz for free from my father [along with his turntable] i figure ill stick with it until it completely craps out.

thanks for the info

author=salparadise board=sale thread=1199939434 post=1199982227]

well, i suppose in a small way its good that im not alone with my problem. do you think it can be helped by cleaning the contacts?

i have no idea. from what i understand it just happens. wouldn't hurt to call marantz and ask what can be done about it.

i have no idea. from what i understand it just happens. wouldn't hurt to call marantz and ask what can be done about it.

These receivers are 30+ years old and the Marantz of today is not the same company it was then (it was bought out by Pioneer or something). I really doubt they'd be able to provide customer support for these.

Check this site out, they have a lot of good info on these vintage Marantz units. Maybe check under tips-n-tricks or try emailing them to see if they know of a fix if the info isn't on the site.

http://classic-audio.com/marantz/mindex.html

thanks for the info

A receiver is a built in amp, tuner, and in this case, preamp, all in one. Generally speaking, an amp alone with a seperate pre-amp will sound better than the all-in-one receiver.

These receivers are 30+ years old and the Marantz of today is not the same company it was then (it was bought out by Pioneer or something). I really doubt they'd be able to provide customer support for these.

Check this site out, they have a lot of good info on these vintage Marantz units. Maybe check under tips-n-tricks or try emailing them to see if they know of a fix if the info isn't on the site.

http://classic-audio.com/marantz/mindex.html

did not know that, thanks. i havent checked out too much of that site before, just for pictures and stuff. i wish i could talk to the guy that i bought it from, but their shop is open by appt only now and that sucks.